The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Street Build 95 GSX 800hp street monster Fp6466hta

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mounted my ARC2 box and de-pinned the ARC2 harness and made my own with some braided nylon loom and 3:1 heat shrink also tucked the wiring out of sight. Then I mounted my coils on top of my AC compressor bracket and got the wires covered up. I much prefer the coils out of sight and wires too.

image_zpsgspuxdjw.jpg

for what it's worth, ive got a shep stage 3, and the rest is stock t case and diff and drive shaft, t case has magnus bearing cover, havnt had issues doin some 38psi pulls and launches, I'm on the precision 6466 with 1.15 t4 divided housing i never really have boost under 30psi on my car

The upper 30's is where it's at! and i know the FP 6466hta has a larger exducer, by 88mm vs the 86 pte, but pte says this turbo's choke is up at 50-60psi. Which I'd guess is where that 900hp mark is. So I'd think the fp is good for more top end with a small spool sacrifice. Seriously, you gotta get the boost up because you are leaving TONS on the table worrying about the trans. In my opinion, the higher tq turbos like the 30R or fp red are the trans killers. The fact the 6466 hits a little later in the rpms when speed is up a little more helps. Ive only broken one trans (stock) and my shep stage 3 is at... 6k i think and i launched the shit out of my car LOL

Last edited:
My trans now that's wore out and at TRE is exactly that, a stg 3 shep setup. I've beaten the trans sinse 08 a lot, 100's of 11 and 10 second 1/4 mile passes, umpteen 3rd and 4th gear pulls all with a fp3065, fp3582, fp3586, all over 30psi so the trans has been through hell.
So hopefully with all new guts detailed and shotpeened and the lubrication/cooler setup it will be reliable again somewhat LOL

That fp6466 was flowing over 50lbs/min @ gate pressure(19*) this summer and I was giggling like a kid at 23psi. I won't need it on kill all the time getting too old I guess ha ha

Last edited:
My trans now that's wore out and at TRE is exactly that, a stg 3 shep setup. I've beaten the trans sense 08 a lot, 100's of 11 and 10 second 1/4 mile passes, umpteen 3rd and 4th gear pulls all with a fp3065, fp3582, fp3586, all over 30psi so the trans has been through hell.
So hopefully with all new guts detailed and shotpeened and the lubrication/cooler setup it will be reliable again somewhat LOL

That fp6466 was flowing over 50lbs/min @ gate pressure(19*) this summer and I was giggling like a kid at 23psi. I won't need it on kill all the time getting too old I guess ha ha
Never too old for boost ;) a friend of mine in his late 40's dailys his 2.3 auto at 40+psi up to 50 on his 6466 1.15 t4LOL depends on how alive you wanna feel hahaah

I've considered making an alternator cover in the past. Is the one you have a custom made part, or did you order it from a vendor? Also, where did you get the brackets for your brake and clutch fluid reservoirs?

I'm really happy I went to the first page and re-read this. Great build and amazing attention to detail!

So I've wanted to do this for some time now and sense I've had an old 1G meagan DP hanging on my garage wall, (decoration I guess LOL) I cut it up and put it to use. So I went with a QTP exhaust cutout valve and I'm happy to say the quality is like I'd expect, and price isn't too bad. That angle was difficult for me to achieve where it Y's off but after some cutting and rewelding, I finally got something I was some what happy with. This will aliveate any back pressure issues I might of had and piss off my neighbors a bit more. I still have to fab up my wastegate discharge pipe as it discharges right beside the exhaust outlet and then cut both of them at the same angle where they exits the bumper. Here's a couple of pic of what I made.

image_zpsbnme2slj.jpg

image_zpsu89jahd3.jpg

Last edited:
So I've been working on the car and thought I'd share some progress.

Here's an aluminum meth nozzle body built to be welded into my new UICP I've got to get fabbed asap. Original setup always leaks a bit of boost during a BLT

IMG_7594_zpsr5xixnim.jpg

Got some OEM black floor mats for Christmas and switched lighting over to LED, got them notched for the cage which was a PITA. Happy with the results tho

IMG_7726_zpsmk8a9en0.jpg

IMG_7729_zpszkckypdb.jpg

Next got my side exit exhaust finished up for the most part, still gotta wrap the down pipe.

IMG_7660_zpsyb7d0fcf.jpg

IMG_7656_zpsgcn30gu9.jpg

IMG_7768_zpsncfmyjus.jpg

IMG_7763_zpsevom1dou.jpg

So made a couple changes fuel system wise with some magnus goodies and picking up my TRE Stg4 with the evoIII gear set all new gears with all the bells and whistles like his gear detailing, shot peening and isotropic finish. New 4 spider CD. My old shep stg3 built 07ish never missed a beat for 5-6 years at 600hp range. So I'm hoping with Jons magic I get the same results but better, the lubricator and cooler should help prolong the life of the trans, fingers crossed LOL. I have to go get the trans this weekend, it's at my shipping address in Calais ME.

IMG_7705_zpshbthkk9i.jpg

IMG_7537_zpslkwwedsw.png

Jon @ TRE posted this on FB, Pretty sure it's mine.

Loving this!!! What a great build!! Now this gives me ideas on some of the parts that I need to start collecting. :)

Youll love that transmission i got the shot peening, and gear detail should last a long time.
That's what I'm hoping for. Jon's the man for sure, smart smart guy. Can't wait to row through the trans with all his tricks, detailing and gear finish should make for a nice shiften combo. Running redline 75-140ns this year for the first time too

Yes he's good best thing he's 15 minutes from me. I watched him tear into mine the shop is really cool.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back