The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

95 Eclipse GSX 700bhp on 95-Oct

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Update

Decided to completely rewire the car from the ground up, by doing this it'll allow me to clean up the chassis and put wires where I want/need them. Also, I'm doing a custom gauge cluster similar to that of the one written up in the forums; it'll look legit hopefully. And to start this off I've just ordered a used gauge cluster that will be hopefully the first and only victim subject to rebuild.

Well I've got some good news for those who are currently/were previously watching, I'll be returning to the states soon and will be picking up my car to work on it pretty much on a daily basis. I plan to post pictures of every stage I'm at this time and will make the real build part of this thread actually about the build... so if you are currently keeping posted or were and stopped due to inactivity then it'll start back up - hopefully once I'm done I'll be able to do a few tech write-ups on various things that aren't clearly defined on here.

I'm back and it seems that a change of plans has occurred, still using the same engine and parts just found a body to swap to until I can get the original body fixed, with that said since I'm redoing both and will probably do a custom job on both wiring harnesses I'm possibly offering up some parts so be on look out in the Classifieds section as I'm not authorized to sell here. Anyways more to come, I'll post pictures of her REAL progress because it's game time now... for reals.

Edit: Working the original body and will be replacing the small damaged area.

Last edited:
Battery Relocation Block Diagram.jpg

Currently working the details of the battery relocation, since I'm completely rewiring the car I've had to sample and modify a few relocation projects that have been done previously on the forum... that said here is a block diagram of what I came up with; descriptions are very generic and will be specified when the build is underway.

2G_DSM_0001.jpg
2G_DSM_0002.jpg
2G_DSM_0024.jpg

Finally took some pictures of the damage that occurred... just need to replace the front radiator support and I'll be good to go. Of course, I've also got to install the shelved items...

Last edited:
Well everything has been finalized with the wiring block diagram, I will post a new diagram for those who may want to consider a similar setup. Anyways with that said, I'm proud to say that I've begun acquiring all the necessary equipment to start the build of my harnesses from scratch. In addition to that, not only have I finalized the build I've got all the boxes in places that aren't going to interfere with stock body panels or the modifying of anything; having a brand new harness is a lot better than trying to search for scraps or a mint-gone-tomorrow wiring harness... anyways keep posted.

Photo below shows the newly acquired equipment, the harness is one I'm repairing for a buyer. I'm now working on trying to get DMC and Delphi crimpers along with a heat gun for shrink tubing.

Solder Equipment.jpg

I've had these for a while but forgot to post them, can't wait to get these installed! I plan to swap them over to my 2G mounts, they are a about 1-3mm smaller than mine so hopefully they will still fit snug and if not I'll have to have mine slightly modified to accommodate them.

View attachment 231030

Wow, hope I'm not wrong about this but didn't I make thouse for you years ago? when I lived in Omaha?? I could be wrong but they look just like the ones I was making and I might be imagining this but I swear I remember selling themto you LOL If so that's awesome feeling

can't wait to see more of the build

Wow, hope I'm not wrong about this but didn't I make thouse for you years ago? when I lived in Omaha?? I could be wrong but they look just like the ones I was making and I might be imagining this but I swear I remember selling themto you LOL If so that's awesome feeling

can't wait to see more of the build

Can't remember I know I got them from somewhere but they were pre-built when I bought them.

The build is changing, a lot. I've sold a few things to give myself a fresh start, the only thing not sold is the engine and various other things. With that said, come the start of next year and hopefully completed by the summer I'll have a fabricated and custom built full chassis harness that will replace the old one all together; fuse boxes won't even be the same. To add fuel to that fire, I've now got the motivation of about 10-15 individuals on DSM Classifieds (Facebook group) that are interested in me custom making one for them as well... figured I needed something to light a fire under my butt and I think I found that fire. I'll most likely post it here but will also post it in other places to let people know how it turns out - those subbed here will most likely find out first hand.

Made some purchases today, I'll post up the details when they come in... finally ripped ol' girl apart again - dash, seats, carpet, and steering wheel have all been removed, I plan to remove the wiring harness this week or the following week and then get the new "pre-harness" fitted for final build and installation.

Anyways figured I'd "start from scratch" as if I just bought the car; added pictures may or may not be a re-post (sorry if they are).
2G_DSM_0122.jpg
2G_DSM_0123.jpg
2G_DSM_0124.jpg
2G_DSM_0125.jpg
2G_DSM_0126.jpg
2G_DSM_0127.jpg
2G_DSM_0128.jpg
2G_DSM_0129.jpg
2G_DSM_0130.jpg
2G_DSM_0131.jpg
2G_DSM_0132.jpg
2G_DSM_0133.jpg
2G_DSM_0134.jpg
2G_DSM_0135.jpg
2G_DSM_0136.jpg
2G_DSM_0137.jpg
2G_DSM_0138.jpg
2G_DSM_0139.jpg
2G_DSM_0140.jpg
2G_DSM_0141.jpg
2G_DSM_0142.jpg
2G_DSM_0143.jpg
2G_DSM_0144.jpg
2G_DSM_0145.jpg
2G_DSM_0146.jpg

Security and Push-Start system have arrived, the system looks great and looks stout... except the harness - so many things I want to say about it words truly wouldn't come out right. Anyways, for your viewing pleasure, and mine, here is what came today; forgot to mention my 2200 ft of wiring also came in on Monday.

2G_DSM_0180.jpg
2G_DSM_0181.jpg
2G_DSM_0176.jpg
2G_DSM_0177.jpg
2G_DSM_0178.jpg
2G_DSM_0179.jpg
2G_DSM_0182.jpg
2G_DSM_0185.jpg
2G_DSM_0186.jpg

All of this for a fuel pump rewire???

If you read the last 10 to 15 posts prior to the recent pictures it'll explain why, in short since our harnesses aren't manufactured anymore I'm removing mine and making my own with an updated security system; I'm not using the stock ECU, I'll be using an AEM EMS-4.

Cool build, so do you plan to rewire your alarm system? The reason I ask is because I'm thinking of doing the same thing.

You could say that, less rewire more fabricate due to all of the factory wiring being removed. I'd say what I'm doing is similar to yours only I'm not using any of the original harnesses, connectors will even be brand new too.

If you do decide to rewire it go with Advanced Keys, the kit looks solid except the harness they supply which personally could use some work which is why I'm fixing it to meet a standard.

Last edited:
Engine harness removed, now just to remove the engine and front chassis, reinstall said engine, and then have the custom front end built so I can fabricate the engine harness. The interior chassis harness, in the meantime, will be built as I'm doing a circular connector at the firewall where the engine harness originally went and will be routing all components into that connector including the headlamps, turn signals, radiator and anything else in the front; everything is coming along nicely.

So I didn't think my engine harness could look so good... apparently I was wrong; it looks immaculate!

Just FYI, post from here on out will be picture heavy... sorry.

2G_DSM_0187.jpg
2G_DSM_0188.jpg
2G_DSM_0189.jpg
2G_DSM_0190.jpg
2G_DSM_0191.jpg
2G_DSM_0192.jpg
2G_DSM_0193.jpg
2G_DSM_0194.jpg

Update:

Made a few new purchases as of late: new jack stands, floor jack, circular connector, engine connectors (Sheridan Engineering), and an AEM EMS-4 ECU harness that is wired for power, ground, CAN, and USB (I have to do the rest). More to come on the build, also I've cut up the center console to make room for the fuse box, hopefully the fibreglass will come out nicely.

Update:

Been working with Connector Concepts on the building of an Eaton Bussmann DVEC fuse box, with that said in order to do so they state I had to create my own schematic for it as it is most likely printed on PCB or internally wired; this is what I came up with.

Attachments

• DVEC-Schematic.pdf
    47.2 KB · Views: 48
Did some additional work today, got some help from the wife as well. We've begun tear down so that the engine can be polished up with new components, the engine bay cleaned up and holes sealed, removed the HVAC system and debating about putting it back in since this may or may not be a daily driver but more of a weekend-warrior... enough talking here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure. More to come, stay tuned (sorry for the wait).

Might also note you will see a better view of the damage from the accident two years ago.

2G_DSM_0195.jpg
2G_DSM_0196.jpg
2G_DSM_0197.jpg
2G_DSM_0198.jpg
2G_DSM_0199.jpg
2G_DSM_0200.jpg
2G_DSM_0201.jpg
2G_DSM_0202.jpg
2G_DSM_0203.jpg
2G_DSM_0204.jpg
2G_DSM_0205.jpg
2G_DSM_0206.jpg
2G_DSM_0207.jpg
2G_DSM_0214.jpg
2G_DSM_0215.jpg
2G_DSM_0216.jpg
2G_DSM_0217.jpg
2G_DSM_0218.jpg
2G_DSM_0219.jpg
2G_DSM_0220.jpg
2G_DSM_0221.jpg
2G_DSM_0222.jpg
2G_DSM_0223.jpg

Update:

Although not created yet, I'm currently in the works of having a custom built fuse box from Eaton. Below is a picture of the box but not how it will lay out in terms of my specific/unique requirements. Depending on how this goes I may have them make a few extras for the community as well... keep posted!

DVEC Module.jpg

Been almost 3 years since I have posted here... and it is still at the same place where I left it.

As of right now all interior items have been removed except for the steering wheel. As of right now I am still in the process of dropping the rear subframe so that I may be able to drop the fuel tank for the larger sump-type fuel cell that will replace it. Although, I am still on the fence of either running solid subframe bushings or switching over to a tubular subframe, honestly I do not forsee truly racing it and thus I may just opt for the solid bushings... more to come - I'm back.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back