The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Resolved 95-99 strut bar help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nsgk53

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 28, 2011
lith, Illinois
I own a 98 GSX 5 speed and the body has 132k on it but motor is about to have 0 as I'm having it built at a shop for 500hp. Its a clean, nice sounding lowered car.

I kind of know about strut bars but not sure. So what are reasons to get a strut bar? Also what is a good one to get?

I had a 91 TSi before and bought one used for $10 and it was silver and didn't look the best as I seen others looking better but it was in good shape. So I what one that will do a great job and look nice?

My valve cover is blue so idk if getting one in blue will make it look nicer under the hood. I have seen few on ebay but there not really catching my eye as I just typed in Eclipse strut bars so anything strut bar shows up. Also the ones that do come up are no name brands.

I am not going cheap on my build but if there is a very good one but cheap id do that but again you pay for what you get. I have read that people got nice ones for $50 or less but can't find anything that wont break the bank, do its job perfectly and look nice.

Any help would be great. I like the look of the Megan racing one but idk much about that one. This is the Megan one http://www.frsport.com/Rear-Strut-B...p_57601.html?gclid=CLv9-tDyiMICFYFDMgodAEYAbA. Its $50 new so idk how good it is or anything about it. I read that the good name brand ones are $100+ is that true. Also read that the Greddy or DC ones are very good. But idk. If could find one in carbon fiber that be cool.

Any help would be great or links to ones for sell that are what I'm looking for. Thanks for the help in advance

Last edited:
Strut bars tie both sides of a car together, to aide in cornering. Basically, they help keep the car from "leaning" in curves, allowing them to be taken at higher speeds. They don't have to be expensive, as they are just meant to act as a brace.
If you don't like any you have seen from vendors on this site, I'd try Andy's auto sport. They have reasonable prices and a large selection.

I have the front and rear Megan ones. Paid like a hundred bucks on ebay. I felt a difference on stock suspension. Then i lowered it and it stays pretty flat in the corners. I'm happy with them, I wouldn't even want to spend any more than what I paid for the megans.

Lets say if I didn't care to spend tons of money on one what would be the top of the line and lets say the most expensive and why? Also I heard DC Sport is one of the best one and also Greddy but haven't been able to find a Greddy one. Also I see a lot of people go with Megan Racing ones also. I know a lot of dsmers would stay away from DC Sport when it comes to exhaust so why DC Sport?

I heard no for there exhaust but heard yes for there strut towers. Any help would be great.

DC sport makes one of the better strut bars for our cars.

I seen your car on the main page of dsmtuners and I have read about your car and its a very nice car btw so another question I have is what do you use.

They make a difference and you'll feel it. Some more modern cars come with a front bar from the factory nowadays. I'd also recommend upgrading the sway bars too for even better cornering. Also, they help strengthen the body during acceleration. I have a fwd, so it makes the front end more rigid during acceleration and launching. At least, it feels that way to me. I would think it would be similar with awd. Just another brace tying the suspension together.

Front and rear uppers and front lower made a noticeable difference. Even just adding the front upper you will feel it connect better but its not going to make you a raceing driver so learn the new limits with these on as you will be able to enter corners slightly faster. Be safe man

Lets say if I didn't care to spend tons of money on one what would be the top of the line and lets say the most expensive and why? Also I heard dc sport is one of the best one and also greddy but haven't been able to find a greddy one. Also I see a lot of people go with megan racing ones also. I know a lot of dsmers would stay away from dc sport when it comes to exhaust so why dc sport? I heard no for there exhaust but heard yes for there strut towers. Any help would be great[DOUBLEPOST=1416637424][/DOUBLEPOST]

I seen your car on the main page of dsmtuners and I have read about your car and its a very nice car btw so another question I have is what do you use

My build will be running a one off unit or maybe none at all. Since it has a full cage and is going to have a few more change that may make it unnecessary . So my car is really not a good example since it very extreme.

That being said the DC units are an ideal unit and what I run on almost any car. They are a very ridged and well designed. The twin tube design for the RS gs cars is the best unit but you will want to read up as there can be clearance issue and what not that you may not want to deal with.

Last edited:
They "stiffen up" the car on the top end of the shock/spring assembly to aide in cornering and keep the car from flexing. I don't know that I would spend a ton of money on these unless you are going for looks. As long as they are well made and hold up, they serve their purpose.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back