95 2gb awd sloppy seconds

Posted by Detective Coating, Feb 5, 2013
DSM Build Journals - Start a Journal to document your DSM build or document a race event you participated in.

1. Detective Coating

Detective Coating Supporting Vendor

Classifieds Rating:
    96.3%
    DSM Profiles:
    23834, Virginia
    Finally back in a DSM after over 2 years and getting to go about it the way I've wanted. I owned this car a few years ago and always wanted it back and finally the time came. Fortunately, this time around I have a reliable DD and in no rush to finish it.

Overall plans are to get it running by the end of May, I'd be happy with 120+ traps.

Parts I have:
    HX-35 (T3)
    eBay manifold
    Tial 44
    Vband exhaust
    RC1000's
    255 pump
    Magnus SMIM
    Short route IC
    AngryAero Shutter covers
    NT TB
    Fuelab Filter
    Hallman Pro
    Catch Can
    Coolant resevoir

Turbo will be getting rebuilt as well as the TB and of course tons of powder and ceramic coating to make this thing clean as hell which will be most of my initial work since there is too much damned snow to work on it. Once it melts, subframes are getting dropped to clean up the underbody, replace some stuff and coat what I can.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shortly after getting it home, it gets buried!
    [​IMG]

AngryAero Shutter covers (Contact Boostin Performance to purchase)
    [​IMG]

AngryAero bumper shutters installed. Super easy install! Again, contact Boostin Performance if you would like a set, they are available for 1g's as well now!

[​IMG]

Some more parts in :)

[​IMG]

On their way:
    Alum rad
    ARP L19's
    OEM Composite HG

Got a few mount brackets, oil filter housing and tstat as well.

Powdercoated the catch can and coolant resevoir:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just ordered a Carbon Creations front lip:

[​IMG]
  2. 952g63t

952g63t Proven Member

Classifieds Rating:
    100%
    DSM Profiles:
    Not originally, West_Virginia
    Looks like a solid start. Sub'd! :thumb:
  3. sypherzero

sypherzero Proven Member

Classifieds Rating:
    100%
    DSM Profiles:
    Marion, North_Carolina
    Hell yeah dude! This is going to be sick!!!
  4. Detective Coating

Classifieds Rating:
    96.3%
    DSM Profiles:
    23834, Virginia
    Radiator is off to the welder as soon as the -16 bungs show up
    [​IMG]
  5. Detective Coating

Classifieds Rating:
    96.3%
    DSM Profiles:
    23834, Virginia
    Shipped my intercooler out to ETS to find out it has an epoxy paint on it so it can't be anodized :( I'll figure something funky out.

Got the t-stat housing all welded shut and got the AN fittings welded on the t-stat, water pump and radiator. Got 95% of the fittings and lines that I need for fuel and cooling. Sure gets expensive quick! Still got a laundry list of odds and ends to get.

[​IMG]

Need to get the return situated to the stock line but there's no -8 to 1/4" barbs so 3 fittings to reduce it. I need to cut and reangle the top of the tstat so it goes straight towards the top rad fitting. Vc needs shaved yet and adding pro-werks cap, -8an fittings and some BADASS CompWorks baffles ;) Finally going to work on it some this weekend since it'll be 50+ degrees. Woo! Also got all my motor mounts with black poly bushings, not too much on the checklist left.
  6. Detective Coating

Classifieds Rating:
    96.3%
    DSM Profiles:
    23834, Virginia
    Picked up V3 and an ECU for dirt cheap, just bought an ACT 2900 with low miles. Rear end got ripped out, replacing all of the bushings and coating everything of course. Likely just going to stick with the stock brakes this year along with the wheels on it, getting too anxious and don't have a ton of time to work with.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The rear end project has turned into a big chore especially with the little time I have to work on it (maybe 4 hours a week) I've removed the gas tank shield to coat now as well too and even exhaust hangers (OCD) Axles are seized in the hub so I have them at a shop now to get pressed out so hopefully they can be saved but I have a spare set if not. I got the differential apart tonight to swap in the manual diff, ordered the new seals that I need for the diff from JNZ and sway bar end links from Rock Auto. Trying to decide on a color for the subframe/diff. I've been thinking just flat black and keep it simple but at the same time I hate to put all the work in for it to not stick out just a tad but nothing too crazy.

[​IMG]
  7. GofaST4life

GofaST4life Supporting Member

Classifieds Rating:
    100%
    DSM Profiles:
    Erie, Pennsylvania
    Nice to see you back in a DSM.

Expecting lots of awesome work.

Sub'd.
  8. Detective Coating

Classifieds Rating:
    96.3%
    DSM Profiles:
    23834, Virginia
    Thanks Aaron! It's nice to have something again that I'm very familiar with. Progress is very slow since work doesn't allow much time for the car but I'm hoping to have it done for the shootout but not getting my hopes too high LOL.