The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

95 2ga 4g63 in a 97 GST.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antonio Brown

Proven Member
Oct 13, 2014
Tampa, Florida
:confused:Does anyone know how to properly wire in a 95 2ga 4G63T engine into a 97 GST? I know that the 95 and 97 had different cam angle sensors. I have the new 1995 7 Bolt motor with the wire harness that came with the engine and I still have my 97 wire harness too.

What I'm asking is can someone break it down to me step by step.

Please and Thanks.

So I have my 95 2ga Engine in my 97 GST. One problem though it won't turn over it tries to starts but it doesn't. I wired in the 95 CAS (Cas on Drivers side).
It could be one of these Three Issues here:

1. The Viper Security Alarm (Put in By Previous Owner)
2. The ECU is bad (Which the previous owner told me) which everything works Electronics come on and air conditioner, lights and radio.
OR
3. The Spark Plug wires which I did the plug swap to 1432----2341 and it still wont turn over. :idontknow:

Last edited by a moderator:
Shouldnt be anything special. Use the harness and sensors in the car. you may need to get a proper intake cam. Engine wont specify a wiring change unless the motor wont accept the sensors from that year. 95 motor should accept all the same sensors except possibly the cam sensor from the 97.
People talk about the 6 bolt all the time because 6 bolts wont accept a 2g crank sensor or a 95 cam sensor etc. You dont have that problem.

So my old ecu MD335287 E2T61687 went bad from corrision it still works though (car start but doesnt turn over and no spark) and I bought a new ECU MD335287 E2T61687. My question is will I have to reprogram the ECU or can i just plug it up?

97 GST with a new 95 motor cas was wired in.

So my old ecu MD335287 E2T61687 went bad from corrision it still works though (car start but doesnt turn over and no spark) and I bought a new ECU MD335287 E2T61687. My question is will I have to reprogram the ECU or can i just plug it up?

97 GST with a new 95 motor cas was wired in.

You should be able to just plug and run. Unless your other ecu was chipped for your setup.

Should be a direct swap if your old ecu "97" was running with the 95 CAS. If this is true, the spark plug wires should already be swapped and possibly the injector pins on the ecu harness.
The 95 engine is new in the car The Injector pins weren't swapped but which injector pins do I switch? And just to make sure the plugs wires that were supposed to be swapped to 1432---2341?

The 95 engine is new in the car The Injector pins weren't swapped but which injector pins do I switch? And just to make sure the plugs wires that were supposed to be swapped to 1432---2341?

Injectors:

Green: Pin 1 is now 14
Green w/ yellow stripe: Pin 2, is now Pin 1
Green w/ red stripe: Pin 15, is now Pin 2
Yellow w/ black stripe: Pin 14 is now Pin 15

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
[/URL][/IMG]

Plug Wires

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Attachments

• photo.GIF
    photo.GIF
    6.6 KB · Views: 273
Why are you guys telling him to swap injector wires? This is no different than a dsmlink install. 95 ecu in 97. Swap plug wires. Ordinatily in a link install you would invert cas but since op wired a 95 cas and has a 95 ecu there is no issue. As a mater of fact I'm not even sure he needs to swap plug wires.

I apologize, this is for the 95 ecu in a 97-99, theoretically all you have to do is the opposite of this; however, I am not sure it can be done. The plug swap will most likely work, I have no clue on the injectors with a 95 CAS and a 97 ecu.

Why are you guys telling him to swap injector wires? This is no different than a dsmlink install. 95 ecu in 97. Swap plug wires. Ordinatily in a link install you would invert cas but since op wired a 95 cas and has a 95 ecu there is no issue. As a mater of fact I'm not even sure he needs to swap plug wires.

I dont see where it says he has a 95 ECU with 95 CAS, and nowhere is Link mentioned. I only saw the 97 with 95 CAS, I then realized my mistake in giving false directions. On the assumption that he has a 97 ECU, shouldn't the plug wires be swapped? MD335287 E2T61687 I thought is the 97 ECU serial? Antonio Brown, I apologize for the confusion.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back