The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

93 hx52 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Landspeeddsm what single fuel pump would you suggest? I figured that if one 255 is rated for 500 then why wouldn't two accommodate for 1000hp?

I feel like you might not have a good understanding of building a high hp turbo car. A single internal 255hp, just like yours, is good for about 450whp on a dsm. Now if we were building a turbo ls and it only took like 20psi to get to 1000whp, a pair of 255's could probably do it.

but for us with 2l, it takes 35psi to make 6-700whp, 40psi 800, and 50+ to reach 1000whp. Couple that with, 43psi bfp, and about 5psi drop for the lines and filter, and you'll have close to 90psi at the pump by the time your actually doing something with the HX52.

Take a look at the flow charts for the 255 hp's, and you'll see that the flow falls off severely with pressure. Also take notice that all the flow charts are at high voltage. DSM's have a garbage charging system, and unless you run a big 105 amp saturn alternator you'll be lucky to have 12.5v at high rpm. Couple that with about a 1v drop across the wiring, an your pump will be flowing about 80% of what the charts show.

I have mine wired with 8ga off the battery back to 2 separate 30a relays for each pump, then 10ga power and ground from the relay to the pump back to a chassis ground. I still have a .5v drop, and the pumps were basically maxed at 650whp. with a kb bap you can get a bit higher.

I feel like you might not have a good understanding of building a high hp turbo car. A single internal 255hp, just like yours, is good for about 450whp on a dsm. Now if we were building a turbo ls and it only took like 20psi to get to 1000whp, a pair of 255's could probably do it.

but for us with 2l, it takes 35psi to make 6-700whp, 40psi 800, and 50+ to reach 1000whp. Couple that with, 43psi bfp, and about 5psi drop for the lines and filter, and you'll have close to 90psi at the pump by the time your actually doing something with the HX52.

Take a look at the flow charts for the 255 hp's, and you'll see that the flow falls off severely with pressure. Also take notice that all the flow charts are at high voltage. DSM's have a garbage charging system, and unless you run a big 105 amp saturn alternator you'll be lucky to have 12.5v at high rpm. Couple that with about a 1v drop across the wiring, an your pump will be flowing about 80% of what the charts show.

I have mine wired with 8ga off the battery back to 2 separate 30a relays for each pump, then 10ga power and ground from the relay to the pump back to a chassis ground. I still have a .5v drop, and the pumps were basically maxed at 650whp. with a kb bap you can get a bit higher.

Beat me to it :thumb: I completely re-designed my wiring system and see 13.8 minimum under load at the pump (13.4 for the Logged ECU value) with all peripherals running.

Landspeeddsm what single fuel pump would you suggest? I figured that if one 255 is rated for 500 then why wouldn't two accommodate for 1000hp?

If you intend to do any sort of street driving you should be looking at either a Magnafuel 4303 or a mechanical.

There are Weldon and Aeromotive pumps that will supply enough fuel at the pressures needed, but they are not rated for "Continuous Duty." Both also have ~$400 step-down controllers available to make them streetable but 1.) that is a lot of money and 2.) still prone to overheating.

The MP-4303 is what I run, and in the last two weeks have gotten about 100-120 miles of street driving including about 50 miles in Chicagoland rush-hour traffic.

Andrew @ FF is in the developing stage of making a bracket for a mechanical, but no further detail than that.

Yes I was intending driving it on the street occasionally and I think a mechanical fuel pump might be over kill for me. I'm not exactly going for 1000hp here but 800 would be reasonably nice for me.

pesa8a5y.jpg

http://www.holley.com/12-1400.asp

How do you guys feel about this inline pump? I thought about using this.

I would do a single 450 Walbro in the tank and a 255 inline. We have made 850+ on that setup on race gas. Or since you already made a twin hanger do twin 450 pumps in the tank and set the second pump to turn on at 10PSI. :thumb:

Can you control the second pump to turn on at 10psi with dsmlink?

You can do that, or just use a "normal = open" Hobbs switch of desired pressure rating and tune as normal.

I have done the multiple pumps thing a couple times now, and would really reccomend just running a capable single. It's cheaper, less to go wrong and if something does go wrong no fuel at all is better than some fuel to melt everything.

Since you guys seam to be very knowledgeable about holset turbos can anyone tell and I figure already I won't be able to use it but maybe I can trade it for an awesome set up I have an HT80 in great condition it spins freely with no shaft play at all

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384473250133.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384473250133.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 120
  • uploadfromtaptalk1384473358095.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384473358095.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 118
  • uploadfromtaptalk1384473398703.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384473398703.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 126
Link to anyone making 900whp on E85 with a 2.0L using this pump? At the pressure and flow required, I really find that hard to believe.
I only meant on flow potential from manufacturer rating, i highly doubt its possible either, im sure it will run out...Might as well go with Aeromotive a1000 anything past 700, but then thats gonna be external...its up to the o.p. since he made a dual hanger already though

An Aeromotive 1000 is not worth a shit either. Especially if it is pumping ethanol.

I only meant on flow potential from manufacturer rating, i highly doubt its possible either, im sure it will run out...Might as well go with Aeromotive a1000 anything past 700, but then thats gonna be external...its up to the o.p. since he made a dual hanger already though

It's pretty clear you should not be giving people advice on fuel pumps for setups like his.. he should sell the dual hanger, or make it into just a pick-up tube.

The 450LPH is not going to come anywhere near what he needs, and there is a reason pretty much everyone I know who ran the A1000 ditched it.

The ONLY continuous duty rated electric single pump that is up to the job is the MagnaFuel MP4303, which is an external pump. This is what I run.

Or a Weldon 2345A with a step-down box, which would be more expensive than mounting up a mechanical unit.. which is the third option.

So realistically for this level OP is looking at the 4303 or a mechanical. Period.

It's pretty clear you should not be giving people advice on fuel pumps for setups like his.. he should sell the dual hanger, or make it into just a pick-up tube.

The 450LPH is not going to come anywhere near what he needs, and there is a reason pretty much everyone I know who ran the A1000 ditched it.

The ONLY continuous duty rated electric single pump that is up to the job is the MagnaFuel MP4303, which is an external pump. This is what I run.

Or a Weldon 2345A with a step-down box, which would be more expensive than mounting up a mechanical unit.. which is the third option.

So realistically for this level OP is looking at the 4303 or a mechanical. Period.
I just realized that i posted both of my comments without reading rest of page 1 where you guys discussed the large external, Weldon or magna would be great. I thought o.p. was still gonna use the double pumper in tank or with a smaller external..but with more boost and high hp level o.p. wants never mind what i posted earlier. i see what you mean :coy:. My apologies LandSpeed

OP, where did you find an Exedy twin for a 6 bolt?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back