The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

93 Dodge Colt Evolution Sleeper project

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

93'colttsi

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 28, 2007
Chilliwack, BC_Canada
Well I finally am going to get back to my 93 colt project. I have had the car in storage for the past 4 years, and it is time to get back on her and make it the 10 second sleeper street car I always wanted. Plans for the future include a full evo I drivtrain/suspension swap including parts of the evo unibody that have rear subframe mounts/fuel tank mounts and subfloor will be welded into the colt's unibody. In the end this will be the best option to go AWD on the 2 door colt chassis, and when done will look OEM like it came that way from the factory.

I will be updating this thread as I go along and make progress on the project. Im sure it will take a couple years to get everthing done and the car at the level I want it at. Goal is a fully streetable 400 WHP 10 second 1/4 mile car that can also hold its own on a roadcourse.

Heres the most current pics of the car how she sits. (minus the large amount of dust it has collected over 4 years LOL)
coltenstien2.jpg

2008pass.jpg

2008drvside.jpg

2008interior.jpg

2008hoodup.jpg

2008front.jpg

So the plan is for the first stage is to get all the new engine parts on and maybe do a rebuild on her.

MODS (some of these will be coming soon)

Engine
-6 bolt 4g63t
-evo III 16g (going to probably a FP green later on to make the 400 WHP mark)
-Evo I-III FMIC aftermarket kit w/ aluminum piping.
-Greddy Type S BOV vented
-Cams of some sort (272's)??
-bigger injectors (undecided on as of yet which size), probably 850cc-1000cc
-AEM meth kit
-custom tubular or ported evo III o2 housing
-Evo exhuast manifold
-Full 3" exhuast (maybe a 3" electric cutout will work as well)
-MBC boost control (for now) *ball and spring*
-EPROM ecu socketed running Speed Density off custom Tunerpro RT tune.

SUSPENSION & DRIVETRAIN

-Evo I transmission/tcase/rear diff/axles/brakes/suspension
-ACT 2100 w/ 6 puck clutch
-ACT streetlight chromemoly flywheel
-Full evo I rear/front subframes
-rear unibody swapped over from evo chassis to allow mounting of evo suspension/driveline components.
-Eibach Sportlines
-KYB struts
-front upper and rear upper and lower strut/tie bars

Interior and exterior
-Stock colt exterior (sleeper!!)
-1G DSM seats
-1G dsm steering wheel
-Autometer boost/oil press/oil temp/batt voltage/coolant gauges
-AEM UGEO wideband
-Full SCCA spec'ed cage good to 10 seconds.

some pics of the parts car (1992 evo GSR) for the whole awd swap project.
bmh3.jpg

eydg.jpg

x08b.jpg

0u17.jpg

thats all for now folks! Hope to add some progress to this once the parts evo is delieverd to my house in a few weeks or so. Wish me luck!

That driveshaft looks long! Is that the evo shaft?

That foot rest in the second to last image, is the same one fitted in my dodge Colt Vista wagon LOL
I guess I shouldn't really be surprised, since my vista was made in the advanced research facility where the first evos were made in japan.

I'm looking forward to seeing more progress on this build, it will most likely be even faster then a regular garden variety evo1-3, due to the weight savings of 2 less doors.
keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back