The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

92 TSi Weekend Warrrior

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stew Pidaso

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 25, 2012
Canton, Ohio
Ok so I started this build about a year ago when I gained a soft spot for 1g's and had just recently bought a Talon so my build began. Had some bolt-ons already on it so I drove it til the winter and then shut it down so I wouldnt pick up salt from the roads and start rusting it out.
Over the winter I got
Kelford 272s
Kiggly Beehives
Supertech Valves
3g lifters and new rocker arms
DSMLink v3 w/ SD

Goals: Im looking for 500awhp and when it goes to the track I'm hoping to see 10's at the least.

Recently I bought an HX40 but no supports for that yet so that is my next purchase. I plan on getting a dnp exhaust manifold, tial 38mm wastegate, 1750 FIC injectors, and wally 450lph (e85 hp). After this is obtained I'll be making the switch to e85. And so the rest of my build begins.

Attachments

• head.jpg
    head.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 139
  • IMAG0089.jpg
    IMAG0089.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 339
  • interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 117
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 121
  • new bay.jpg
    new bay.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 130
  • new dash.jpg
    new dash.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 118
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 123
Those are High Hopes. But good luck. Keep us Updated.

That's one clean 92' I wish mine was half as clean as that one is haha. Sounds like a good build, I'm excited to see the results... I'm building a 92' tsi myself :D.

Im unsure of that yet. I may just keep the turbine housing on there and v-band off that and exhaust out the fender but may go to the .70 a/r if its too laggy

Sounds like a really good setup, do you plan on using the t3 BEP or the DSM flange housing? I don't see how this is high hopes on a HX40 turbo with e85.

I was literally about to post the same thing. They are far from "high hopes". That turbo is capable of much more than 500hp.

Ahh well thanks for your service and yeah I'm still hoping for the 500hp mark. Parts should be coming soon!

I've got an HX40 PRO with the BEP DSM housing. Shooting for 600 and 10s also, maybe a 9.9 would be nice:sneaky: 500 should come easy on the HX40 cause that's even what HX35's are capable for.

When I get back from vacation I'm gonna put a pretty big order in at extremepsi and get some of my last pieces to this build so updates will be soon. Yeah Rob I love 1g's. IMO they look better than 2g's stock but I think you can make a 2g really nice if you put the time and money into it.:thumb:

Thanks bud and yeah I wish it would get done sooner so I could get it out sometime and meet with some other dsmers around here. I see a few but haven't really met anyone yet

Just put an order into extreme for my DNP t3 manifold and 38mm wastegate. Pics will be up when parts are here and on car with HX40 bolted up. Stoked!! :D

So its been a while and theres been a few updates and decisions. Finally decided on complete part of this build and am putting orders in for FIC 1850s, alternator relocation, and a drain for the turbo. Also another little update that I'm finding pretty great, I got a job at ShepTrans as a transmission tech and its great! I love it there and just being around cars I love is just awesome and way better than McDonalds LOL. Anyways, when the parts come in, pics and posts will be up!

wow a job at shep trans how did you land that? thats awesome! good luck man

After a long wait and time off the car i finally did some work and got a bushing kit for the car and finally built my trans before i start stripping gears. I did a shep stage 4 minus double syncro first so like a 3.9 LOL but evo 3 1-4. Just got that in tonight along with all bushings except the subframe because they havent sent them yet -_- but thatll be a quick job when they finally come along. Also got some dyno time and put down some numbers that i was ok with It was a little short of my goal but I can still lean it out and adjust some timing for some more power so im sure u can reach 500whp without much problem Dyno was done at 26 psi which is the minimum i can take it and didnt want to go much higher on a stock bottom end this close to the shootout. Im glad the car is still coming along though and theres still some high hopes for it still!! Pics up soon

Ok well with a lot going on in life I havent totally forgotten about my build but this thread sort of skipped my mind but I'm back to keep this fully updated. This winter I have picked up some nice parts ready for this upcoming season. First off I grabbed an act twin disc and wiseco 10:1 pistons and some main studs from a "retired" dsmer at work. Also grabbed some lighter wheels from a local that I plan to wrap in a set of hoosiers. I got a 5" intercooler from ETS while they had they're discount going on. Lastly a set of Manley Turbo Tuffs with ACL Tri Metal bearings. Block is out at machine shop now to check for clearance and crank runout. Updates will come as I receive them to keep maybe some of you interested :thumb:

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 91
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 93
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 100
Started digging into my rear diff at work to check things out and refresh a few things. Got newer set of pinion bearings in it and the pattern came out great first time I checked it same with backlash. Added a bit of preload so this should be a decently strong diff. Also just ordered a set of rear subframe bushings from boostx so that should stiffen up the rear end a bit as well.

Attachments

• Rear diff.jpg
    Rear diff.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 91
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back