The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

92 3k idle at start up

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

93AWDDSM

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 1, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
Hello,

I have been away for awhile but I have purchased a 92 6 bolt it does have 170k. What are a few possibilities that will make it 2-2.5k idle at start up, and even into the car at operating tempatures sometimes?
But once warmed it
Idles normal and pretty consistent around 800ish

I will check the TPS. Should I follow the Vfaq for adjustment on a 1G or is there an easier way to get it set as accurately as possible?

I will check the TPS. Should I follow the Vfaq for adjustment on a 1G or is there an easier way to get it set as accurately as possible?
I acually ment idle stopper switch and yes it will tell you to use a volt meter with continuity test on and you turn the idle stoper switch till it beeps/ (hits the switch) I'm sure if you type it in you'll find it good luck

I went and checked quickly and saw that the little wire hooked to the idle stop switch was disconnected, I reconnected it for the time being and the symtpoms still persist. I will go ahead and try to adjust the idle stop switch before I move onto the TPS for testing.

How harmful to the motor is it, being ran at 2-2.5k rpm, just started and cold just idling? I am going to try and get this situation fixed asap as this is my daily.

Mine started to do that once the temps in MN started to drop over winter. I changed the ISC, TPS, and rebuilt the throttle body. It ended up being a bad FIAV. You can try swapping throttle bodies or just purchase the bypass plate. The FIAV is meant to increase idle when the coolant temp is cold, once it warms up the FIAV closes and allows the car to idle normally.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back