The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

91 Talon TSi FWD STI Killer

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

its nice to get crticism every once in a while. especially when your not AS familiar with these cars as others.
with that said... just relax man.

question, if you dont have an endless amount of money to put into this car, then why do a stroker kit? poke around on here and see that a 1g/2g combo rotating assembly will stomp out most of the street cars out there. couple that with what i said in my first post and you'll be in pretty good shape.

also, if you have a suspended license, why make a post about racing STi's on the street?

im just pointing shit out, not trying to be a dick. there are a lot of keyboard ninjas out there and im just trying to help you not say things that others will flame you for in the future.

if you want to hook up your FMIC, let me know what size couplers you need. I have a bunch laying around that do me no good.

Thanks guys. Didnt really mean to flip my lid but I get alot of crap on this site because Im a nooby. As for stroker. Its just a goal. May or may not be accomplished and if I do decide to take that path, I will have to save money for it. If you seen the car in person, I dont think clean would be the right choice of words. Lol the car is litterally a rolling death trap and a pile of shit. But I love it and want to make it look like a showcar and perform like a race car. From rags to riches LOL. As for the couplers. I think I need 2 of the 3" to 2" couplers. And from 2" to whatever the stock piping for the TB elbow, BOV, and J-Pipe are. Dont have the aftermarket pieces so Im gonna make the OEM pieces work for now. Apologies for my earlier remarks nothing against the guy who said it but like I said. I get shit on this site for not being as educated as some of the other people. I know you have all seen how some of the members are treated. Criticism is ok to an extent. That extent would be with helpful intentions. Most people dont understand that and they criticise by bashing or sarcastic remarks.
My license is suspended and I no longer drive, but there was a point in time where I didnt have the option to stop driving. Had to get to work and whatnot and I live in a rural area so no Public Transportation was available. Now I have stopped driving as Im temporarily staying with my mother because of complications with my previous land lord. So untill I get a new apartment I wont need to drive. By then hopefully my license is restored just gotta keep busting my ass at work so I can pay off my fines.

Not sure if he edited his post, but I'm pretty sure all he did was ask a very simple question. An understandable question since it wasn't described elsewhere, and suddenly you're posting pictures of your sidemount.

No need to blow your lid, no-ones being a dick.

If he would have read the first post, it says that it came with the piping in the back seat and the FMIC already mounted.

The stock 2g thottlebody elbow will help you out as i am sure some of the guys here have some lying around and the j-pipe that attaches to the turbo will help you out with the front mount unstall

Good job on bringing the car back up to pace! It is a long road of swapping parts and swearing!

For future reference, I believe the urban dictionary PC term is "interfooler".

So Ive made alot of progress. I fixed all boost leaks and replaced and rewired all vacuum lines. New power steering pump was installed. New back brakes. New plugs and wires. Car runs fantastic. Now Im focusing on suspension work and then modding.

Been a while since I posted on here. Fixed alot and broke alot since LOL. I finally got a gas door on it. The throwout bearing pilot shaft snapped inside the bellhousing so I got a new transmission in it now. Still need the shift linkage because I must have broke it while pulling the trans. Heres a list of my progress.
New tie rod ends.
New trans with 114k.
Exedy Stage 1 Clutch kit.
SS Clutch line. (not installed yet)
New Slave Cylinder.

Heres some pics.
talon27.jpg

talon26.jpg

talon16.jpg

talon12.jpg

talon11.jpg

talon10.jpg

Talon9.jpg

WTF?!!! Why did it post so many times LOL. And thanks man she coming along. Im going to my friends house to get a buch of parts off his parts car. I like the green =)

Nice build man keep it up! I hear you on the noob bashing here, I'm a noobie to went from knowing nothing about DSM's to basically knowing my way around now in 6 months and I still get bashed big time. :rolleyes:

Got a Q for you...... When you pulled the tran out did you pull it by its self and if so how'd you do it? I've tried for awhile but I cant get the damn tcase to pop off the shaft.

should probably update my crappy build thread.....its been awhile!:hmm:

Nice build man keep it up! I hear you on the noob bashing here, I'm a noobie to went from knowing nothing about DSM's to basically knowing my way around now in 6 months and I still get bashed big time. :rolleyes:

Got a Q for you...... When you pulled the tran out did you pull it by its self and if so how'd you do it? I've tried for awhile but I cant get the damn tcase to pop off the shaft.

should probably update my crappy build thread.....its been awhile!:hmm:

Hey thanks man! I feel like Im making progress finally LOL. And ya I pulled it by itself but mine is FWD so I didnt have a t-case to worry about LOL.

Ya on the AWD yes you pull the transmssion off by its self. On the t-case there is the 3 lower bolts (i think its 3 LOL) then 2 up top. The one on the very top can be tricky to get to, but when they are all off i pry the t-case off no problem!:thumb:

Ya on the AWD yes you pull the transmssion off by its self. On the t-case there is the 3 lower bolts (i think its 3 LOL) then 2 up top. The one on the very top can be tricky to get to, but when they are all off i pry the t-case off no problem!:thumb:

That's probably the one I missed, I got the 3 lower ones and one top one near the back of the tcase. think I screwed up tho ### I pulled the upper engine mount so it made the engine drop a good inch or more...:mad: thankx for the info.

The grabber green haha. Honda styling in a dsm. Its all good, its so hard to keep a trans clean unless your cars a garage queen. Im feeling the revival though. I hope you have good luck with your fwd. I think there fun to just go and spank the tires off. Most everyone complains about them but I think there fun as long as you dont go high hp.Nothing like doing a burn out at 100mph.

very nice. rough around the edges kind of thing. i'm slowly finding more and more people in Pa. keep up the build.

It's a good thing you don't live in Arizona, because my STi would leave you with your tail in beteween your legs :)

Looks good bro, nice to see another 1g being brought back to life! Keep up the good work! That tire/boost gauge was the first for me LOL

If you need a replacement wheel for that, try Poop Boys! That looks like one of their Proline Alloy wheels.

See the similarity?
100_5262.jpg

Talon9.jpg

Probably only about $79 for a new replacement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well some updates. Cars been down for a while. I bought a 97-99 Spider GS-T tranny and put it in. I went over the timing and realized that the timing was off 2 teeth. My auto tensioner was bad. So all thats taken care of. Right now my best friend is using my 6 bolt and my tranny. His motor blew while I was away and he needed to get to work and I cant drive anyways. Ill be getting it back soon. I did all the free mods and installed a boost gauge in the car. Ill post some pics as soon as I can. But big plans are in store for this summer. Stay tuned.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back