The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

91 Mighty Max 4G63 Powered Street/Strip Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kait

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 13, 2010
Princeton, Massachusetts
Here is my 1991 Mighty max (he need a little TLC but here is 'chalk' - the white one).
maxnogrille.jpg

max2.jpg

It will have a 6 bolt 4G63T swap mated w/ a TH350 trans.
The truck is wired for a 6bolt 4G63 already, but will require some modification of the drivershaft and mounts (It used to have a 5 speed).
I am hoping to have this done by June or so, and my only real goal with this truck is to run a 10.9x and have fun in the street.
Here are some parts I have aquired so far:

Bill Hincher TH350 adapter plate:
hicherplate.jpg

FP DSM manifold:
fpmanifold.jpg

GM SFI flexplate:
flexplate.jpg

Auto Pro Stick shifter threaded w/ a 5speed knob :)
shifter.jpg

Fuel Cell:
fuelcell-1.jpg

Derale Trans Cooler:
cooler1.jpg

cooler3.jpg

Last edited:
this is going to be a nice build. i have always liked the mighty max

how direct is the swap for one of these? did you have to re weld motor mounts and such?

how direct is the swap for one of these? did you have to re weld motor mounts and such?

Yes, you need to relocate / move mounts. You also need to redo your engine harness.

The only update on this right now is I got my JMF intake manifold and full v3 in the mail last week :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back