The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

91 Galant VR4 - 700hp+ street car goal

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SICK BUILD!! That thing is a beast! Keep up the good work.

...and expensive ;)

Not so much actually... i did all the work myself and shopped around for all my parts so you would be shocked at how small of a budget this car was build on. :)

GARAGE BUILD FTW :)

Your car is just amazing I wish I could do a quarter of that kind of work. Makes me wanna just go throw something at the work I have done on mine. Great job though I love the car.

Better put a filter on that turbo!!! LOL Im not far from yuh may have to check it one day.

my bad fellas. yeah lots more updates...

its done and running. gotta get some pics and video uploaded asap

thats awesome man glad to here that you got this bad boy running. not sure if you have the time or not, but are you going to bring this beast over to norwalk for the shootout??

thats awesome man glad to here that you got this bad boy running. not sure if you have the time or not, but are you going to bring this beast over to norwalk for the shootout??

yeah i am deff going to try and bring it to the shootout if its ready by then. that would be a blast for sure.

what all you got left to do to have her ready??
i was planning on bringing my car aswell, but i kind messed her up and in the middle of rebuilding now.
but i cant wait to see all the quick 16 this year. should be 800+ horse i hear.

so having a gear ratio issue....

pretty sure its the transfer case, so now im on the hunt for a late 2g tcase and there impossible to find.

nice build and fab work. i have a 95 transfercase if you need one. just hit me up on pm.

Sweet as build man, I love seeing other people fab as much as i enjoy doing it myself, I loike seeing other people use the mill and or lathe for un-common tasks and really enjoy seeing otherpeoples TIG work which helps ensure me that i'm still up to the same levels as the other people whoa re good at what they do

but what i REALLY wanna see aqrre videos of it running :D

nice build and fab work. i have a 95 transfercase if you need one. just hit me up on pm.

thanks man but its gonna have to be a 97-99 one. :) there impossible to find and seem to be 3 times the price.

Simply amazing work man. Really great to see what you did to this. Although I personally don't agree with the auto swap ;) just because I love shiftin gears haha but it's all up to you! eitherway this things gotta be fun as hell to drive! forget v8 eater, this things a lambo/ferrari eater haha!

Excellent build it is nice to see someone take the time to do something nice especially taking the time for detail as you did enjoy it.:cool::cool::thumb:

I'm loving all of this but I have one question. With your awesome fabrication skills...why didn't you just fab up a divided setup?

I personally don't agree with the auto swap

(cue ricky bobby) I just wanna go fastttt, if your not first your last. :) Auto's win races man. that simply. everyone loves rowing gears but thats what my dailys for. when im in this thing its one thing in mind. hauling ass and winning races.

I'm loving all of this but I have one question. With your awesome fabrication skills...why didn't you just fab up a divided setup?

i thought about it but honestly its not needed. 2.4 with only a 67 mill turbo. it spools plenty fast but down the road if i upgrade to a big boy turbo like a 42r i will do a divided.

(cue ricky bobby) I just wanna go fastttt, if your not first your last. :) Auto's win races man. that simply. everyone loves rowing gears but thats what my dailys for. when im in this thing its one thing in mind. hauling ass and winning races.

i thought about it but honestly its not needed. 2.4 with only a 67 mill turbo. it spools plenty fast but down the road if i upgrade to a big boy turbo like a 42r i will do a divided.

expecially with the exhaust flow from a 2.4L and a decently sized turbo like that, a divided setup would be baller shit. i have a 66mm on my 2.0L and the only way Ive liked it so far was in a bep bolt on housing, 30 psi by 4800 rpm's LOL. i might go back divded soon but i dont want to use my poopy dnp manifold.

gots another update... finally found another few days to knock some more stuff out...

been trying to figure out what i wanna do with the shifter and got it figure out...

chopped out a nice CF plate from a piece i made
P2052423.jpg

pulled apart the stock shifter...
P2052425.jpg

measured it out and marked it
P2052426.jpg

chopped and installed.... not perfect but good enough
P2052427.jpg

got the other boost pipe (intercooler to tb) done...
[image]
P2042422.jpg
[/image]

all aftermarket manifolds put all the ports in the same spot. well one of the nice parts about doing it all yourself means i can put the right size port exactly in the spot that i want it...
[image]
P2052428.jpg
[/image]

did a little sandwich stack with my tranny cooler and radiator, then bottom right is my oil cooler mounted to intercooler. So everything should stay nice and cool.
[image]
P2052434.jpg
[/image]
[image]
P2052435.jpg
[/image]

intakes done with all barbs and 5 bar map, fuel rail and inj back in and cleaned up. tb cable sorted...
[image]
P2052433.jpg
[/image]

MAN she's getting close.

-wire up trans
-wire up TB sensors
-radiator hoses
-turbo drain
-swap rear diff for auto diff
-ss rear brake lines

bout it... so a few solid days left and she'd be done ready to rock

new filter set up :) JK
[image]
385584_623065256754_168300364_32281888_1273832127_n.jpg
[/image]

picked up some new wheels...

[image]
P1192661.jpg
[/image]

plasti-diped em for now

[image]
P1192664.jpg
[/image]

Cars so fast it decided to blow itself apart :)

[image]
P1212679.jpg
[/image]

just welded it back up for now but plan on rebuilding that whole piece out of some heavier stainless.

was messing with the boost controller and broke this fitting...

[image]
P1192662.jpg
[/image]

so while the cold side housing was off fixing it i threw some paint at it to make it stand out :)

[image]
P1192665.jpg
[/image]

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back