The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G 91 Eclipse to Laser Rear End Conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikey851

Proven Member
Aug 5, 2014
Lubbock, Texas
Has anyone ever converted their Eclipse or Talon rear end to the Laser rear end? For whatever reason I tend to think it is the best looking rear end of all of them (Kind of up in the air on the different spoilers) as far as the tail lights and center section.

On one hand I like the Eclipse tails with the single light reminiscent of Cyclops on Xmen (Yes that was very nerdy), but sometimes I look at it and think that it is what makes the car look old and in some people's eyes ugly. To mean the separated tails on the Laser or at least the darker tails of the Talon look better.

Just thought i'd throw this out as a topic and also ask which rear end you prefer? I am a fan of keeping DSM stock looking for the most part, but I believe there are stock-like enhancements that can make it look better. Might as well ask about the front end while i'm at it. What do you guys like on the front end? I am thinking about doing a sleepy eye conversion. I've seen the pop up deletes a la 300zx's and it kind of looks okay, but at the same time I don't like trying to mimic other cars.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
OP, it's an easy swap, drill the bumper bracket that holds up the bumper across the body and lower it about a ~1 1/2" and refastened via welding or nuts and bolts. Of course use the Laser taillight to get an exact measurement but you get the idea.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies! I have a set of red laser tails and center section, but I haven't done anything with them yet. I have such a laundry list of things to take care of that it has had to fall down in priority. Right now I am just getting into my clutch...it is dragging/not disengaging at high rpm. If I shift nice and slow with the pedal to the floor no issues, but rush it and I am blocked with a little buzz from the synchro... Got some adjustment left in the master then may replace the slave...then if that doesn't work shim the pivot ball.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back