The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

90 turbo

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vin

Proven Member
Feb 23, 2016
New Smyrna beach, Florida
Hi
I'm new to DSM's,I just bought a 1990 turbo and I want to restore everything from the non working flip up lights to how to fully BPU this engine. It did come.with manual boost controller,and an 250lph fuel pump and injectors which I don't know cc,they have a colored oring adj.fuel pressure regulator etc.also how to I upload pics here it keeps saying file to large..I apologize in advance for not knowing all the proper terms etc..I'm old and retired.
Thanks
Vin

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

This kid has 650s,20G,and Blink.

I have a fully built engine way more than he has and he ran 12s..380hp minus parasitic drive train loss =400hp

I will go over 1000cc once I break this brand new engine in..then go ceramic ball bearing bigger turbo..ill video it all,dyno,passes at track..etc

If you know you are going to go larger on the turbo, you might as well go big on the injectors especially since you have link. Keep in mind, also, the goal is to try to keep injector duty cycle under 80%. Are you staying pump gas or is e85 coming in the future plans?

I
If you know you are going to go larger on the turbo, you might as well go big on the injectors especially since you have link. Keep in mind, also, the goal is to try to keep injector duty cycle under 80%. Are you staying pump gas or is e85 coming in the future plans?
I dont think e85..too inconvenient where I live..after I post initial break in videos and see how it feels with this set up I'll make a decision

If you are looking for 400hp on pump gas I would go bigger than a 20g. A holset hx35/40 or fp red might be a better choice for your goals.
Holset..isnt that a diesel turbo?
What is FP-red?
Send links with specs and prices please

Nice, It seems to be coming together!
Yeah ok excited to break in new motor..i think as soon as I make a few passes at bithlow i will get larger injectors and larger turbo and remap with V.LINK..i will film dyno results as well..

August 15th update..

Attachments

• 20160815_162845.jpg
    20160815_162845.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 20160815_162849.jpg
    20160815_162849.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 65
  • 20160815_162925.jpg
    20160815_162925.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 63

Hey laser shark,
Is that from Austin powers laser shark? Or laser turbo and shark?
28x9x15
What are some cheapo rims I can get for the track that are 15" and same lug pattern as my 1G??
Anyway I got a pair of M.T. drag radial 15"

Hey laser shark,
Is that from Austin powers laser shark? Or laser turbo and shark?
HAHA LOL Both I guess... couldn't think of a profile name and for some reason lasershark came to mind with Dr. Evil using the air quotes and all...

I didn't have the car for very long, it was my first dsm and I bought it for 900 sold it for 1300 after a month or two and did nothing to it out side of plugs, wires, fluid/s change... (I know right, who makes money on a DSM LOL:laser:) Found it on craigslist years later and the guy wants more than I bought and sold it for with it being disassembled :ohdamn:
https://boise.craigslist.org/cto/5698600550.html
Looking back I should have just kept it as a stock unmolested car, having between 100k-105k miles, all the service records and super clean interior (cleaner than the above pics show) but at the time the wife said :f-u: to multiple dsm's and I was shooting for an awd car for auto cross fun. But whatever :) live and learn (the car is actually a 90 not a 91)

Here is some info on some threads regarding 15" slicks...
http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/trying-to-fit-15-wheels-for-slicks.360158/
http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/size-slick-for-a-15x6-5-wheel-help.281400/

and as an fyi our bolt pattern is 5x114.3 or 5x4.5 and stock offset is +46

You'll actually be pretty happy with a 24.5x8x15 or 16 depending on your wheel size with the gearing in the FWD transmission. You definitely don't need a 28" slick. A good set of coilovers (and good alignment), will be helpful, as well as, a quality LSD (KAAZ, Quaife, Wavetrac, etc.)..

You'll actually be pretty happy with a 24.5x8x15 or 16 depending on your wheel size with the gearing in the FWD transmission. You definitely don't need a 28" slick. A good set of coilovers (and good alignment), will be helpful, as well as, a quality LSD (KAAZ, Quaife, Wavetrac, etc.)..

Lsd,clutch etc,is all brand new and some now..just need tired and tune..once I break in new motor with 650cc,I'll go over 1000cc and go bigger turbo.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back