The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

90 Talon Weekend Warrior. Tucked Everything, HTA68 + N20

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looks great! :thumb: Not sure if I missed it, or just forgot, but are you planning on bringing it to the Shootout? If so, that will be cool!:cool:

Thanks! And yes I will definitely be taking it to the shootout. I haven't figured out if I'm driving it or towing it yet, but it will get there one way or another!:hellyeah:

ive been rocking the extreme psi shift knob for a few months, i like it alot. only down side is if you get sweaty hands during pulls you can slip off the knob when your going in for your next shift LOL

^^ a tissue near by usually remedies sweaty hands on a slippery knob.

Great thread man, have been watching it for a while now and abslutely love how clean it is.

this is one clean build nice work. i see no updates in a while. hope to see some soon

sry computer messed up and didnt show other pages at first. looks really clean. in nice build.

Haven't changed much with the car aside from this, waiting to go to the shootout before I switch to E85, wouldn't want to be running low on the corn and can't find any pumps haha.

Nothing major. Long story short there is a known issue with the FIC/ID 1680 High Impedance injectors while running gasoline, apparently they heat the fuel a lot and cause flow pattern issues and cause the car to lean out. I was dealing with this issue on my car, and even though I bought these injectors used from someone on the forums FIC went above and beyond and allowed me to exchange them for 1 of 2 options.

Option 1: Get NEW 1100cc High Impedance injectors for FREE
Option 2: Pay $200 and get NEW 2150cc High Impedance injectors

1100's wouldn't be big enough so I of course opted for the 2150s, and I had them add the PnP adapters from the Bosch style plug to the factory DSM plug that are normally $60, they gave them to me for $50, AND they didn't charge me shipping! Talk about stand up guys! I recommend FIC to anyone looking for injectors, their prices and customer service are top notch!

And this is what it feels like to own $800 injectors Never in a million years would I think I would need 2150cc injectors!

photo1-16.jpg

Last edited:
you will enjoy them! i started my car for the first time last year on the old setup and she ran under her own power with a poor baseline. The linearity of these injectors is sooooo smooth.

Haven't changed much with the car aside from this, waiting to go to the shootout before I switch to E85, wouldn't want to be running low on the corn and can't find any pumps haha.

Nothing major. Long story short there is a known issue with the FIC/ID 1680 High Impedance injectors while running gasoline, apparently they heat the fuel a lot and cause flow pattern issues and cause the car to lean out. I was dealing with this issue on my car, and even though I bought these injectors used from someone on the forums FIC went above and beyond and allowed me to exchange them for 1 of 2 options.

Option 1: Get NEW 1100cc High Impedance injectors for FREE
Option 2: Pay $200 and get NEW 2150cc High Impedance injectors

1100's wouldn't be big enough so I of course opted for the 2150s, and I had them add the PnP adapters from the Bosch style plug to the factory DSM plug that are normally $60, they gave them to me for $50, AND they didn't charge me shipping! Talk about stand up guys! I recommend FIC to anyone looking for injectors, their prices and customer service are top notch!

And this is what it feels like to own $800 injectors Never in a million years would I think I would need 2150cc injectors!

photo1-16.jpg

Man you just gave me a new headache to look at LOL. I plan on trying to run my car on just corn, but I know htere will be times when I plan to run on gas and I thought my 1680s were good for that oh well LOL. Awesome build though men keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Hey EclipseOwner95,
Glad you're excited about your new injector set! They should be great for your setup on E85 and I'm glad we were able to help you out with everything.

I just wanted to clarify that the injectors aren’t heating the fuel and causing an issue – the fuel (particularly gasoline) being heat soaked by ambient engine heat in the head and manifold is where the true issue lies. It is also compounded by double-pump setups, surge tanks, and fuel returned directly to the pickup area (cycling through the pump continuously.)

During testing conducted by an independent petro-chemical engineer it was discovered that at high fuel temperatures (above 140F) the injector experiences a reduction of flow that is not linear and therefore there is no way to tune around it. This issue does not seem to present itself very often on E85 cars, presumably because the cars run cooler on E85 and that the amount of fluid flowing through the injector is greater and therefore keeps the rail cooler.) Many folks are happily using the 1680 injectors still but we haven’t had any new stock in awhile so have pulled the listing from the website.

In fact at the DSM / Evo Shootout we actually had a chance to race and ride along in Tom Dorris' DSM (running E85 on our 2150cc injectors) where we logged fuel temperatures through his 6 heat auto-x session and fuel temps never went above 100 degrees out there.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to clarify the situation with the 1680s for you and anyone else reading... keep up the great work with your car and we'll look forward to seeing you out at The Shootout again next year.

Been a while since I've updated anything. Car is running awesome. I put a spare FWD trans in the car for a dyno day coming up and to do some upgrades to my AWD.

I went to the closest E85 station and stocked up for a few weeks, closest pump is about 45 minutes away and man the car really woke up. Car is on a rough tune running 32psi and 12* of timing.

7986868806_2ac05ebb8d_b.jpg

7986868858_27ac4b5996_b.jpg

7986861441_a3caeaa657_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dynoed the car today - was happy with the results, this dyno is known to be harsh/read low, and for whatever reason, this shop has zero fans to put in front of the car so my IAT's were through the roof, into the 130's.

Still managed to squeek out 508whp and 380ft/lbs on a ~32psi and a conservative tune.

Will be back for more soon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wYfh4I6Tig&feature=youtu.be

More parts! Big thanks to my favorite vendor ExtremePSI, One stop shopping for OEM and Performance parts alike at great prices! Glad to give my business to you all!

Hitting the 1/4 mile this weekend, hoping to break into the 10's @ 130+!

8095129002_bdff8dc23e_b.jpg

Last edited:
Did ya happen to make it to the track? Also, what injectors were you using before you started running E85? I'm gonna get this turbo as well but no E85 over here. Was thinking 1250's would do on pump. Hmmm...

HOly hell you're getting raped on E85 out east!! I was mad whenit was up to 3.25 a galln here for a couple of weeks, it's usually never over 2.99 a gal.

ANyway, love the thread, the build is very clean and making impressive power. Having built my own most recent trans i like to see others doing the same and am always interested in hearing how they turned out and what the people think of them, (couldn't be happier with mine even though reverse is'nt ery stable)

can't wait to see more of the build, keep it coming!

I've had nothing but trouble with my transmissions, which I think has to do with a clutch drag issue that I"ve posted about that I just can't seem to shake. I picked up an auto shell to do an auto swap because I'm tired of dealing with the BS.

When I went to the track I was on an old stock trans that didn't shift worth a damn, I really just wanted to see what my car would MPH. I took it easy out of the hole and had to shift super slow so I had a rather embarrassing E/T compared to my MPH haha.

I ended up running 12.3 @ 130, was satisfied giving the situation but I'm sure the car has even more in her being able to shift quickly and not fall out of boost, as well as leaving the hole hard.

Can't wait to be Auto.

Love the build. Gonna do another wire tuck and engine bay clean up this winte and spring before the shootout.

Just wanted to pop in and compliment you on the quality of the work that you've put into this car. I know how much extra time and care it takes to give it that little bit extra but the results are worth it.
I have a shaved/tucked bay in my Supra and it was an incredible amount of extra work, ha.

Glad the injectors are working out well for you and that you're able to take advantage of E85 in your area even if its a bit of a hike.

Great build, a real inspirational thing to look. Would you happen to have any pictures of where you mounted your fuse box? inside the #### pit?

Great build, a real inspirational thing to look. Would you happen to have any pictures of where you mounted your fuse box? inside the #### pit?

I was curious to the same thing, doing the wire tuck (elimination to my talon now)... keep up the good work!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back