The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

9!'clipseDOHC's 1g DSM build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Why a three bolt rear? Although I suppose a 3>0.
I guess I forgot to mention it also came with a 4 bolt rear end in addition to the 3 bolt rear that is currently on the car :hellyeah:

photo.jpg

Whoa, whoa let's not be so hasty here about this. Some of us snowbelt guys are always looking for body panels, since it is near impossible to find a completely rust free car around here. I would assume that it is rust free, which is probably a bad idea assuming since it usually turns at least me into an ass.
Alas, I didn't think about you northern folks with your rusted out cars, LOL! If someone will buy it, I will sell it! I used to work at a junkyard and I hate seeing these cars crushed, especially and AWD chassis! I also assume that it is rust free, although I haven't dug around too much yet, plus its covered in a coat of primer.

Nice! Congrats on all the wins! Nothing impresses me more than someones ability to drive.

:thumb:
Thanks Phil!

Yeah no kidding, thats one of the first 1ga's ive seen that has the front end fit together well
Haha, I guess thats true.

Interesting plan for the 1g AWD swap. On the esthetic side I would leave the eclipse 3 piece spoiler and just get the taller side skirts from the talon. Are you going to remove the rear section of the floor with the AWD mounting points from the AWD body or just rig something out?

Also congrats on your wins!

Interesting plan for the 1g AWD swap. On the esthetic side I would leave the eclipse 3 piece spoiler and just get the taller side skirts from the talon. Are you going to remove the rear section of the floor with the AWD mounting points from the AWD body or just rig something out?

Also congrats on your wins!

Thanks so much! I honestly dislike the 3 piece wing I have. Plus its actually from a 1gb Talon.

My initial plan was/is to "rig up something" but I will consider all options. I have both complete chassis here so I go any route. Once I get up under the Talon and pull the rear end/subframe out I'll be able to really compare the differences and plan my exact approach.

I'm working on the Talon's front bumper now. I sanded it and filled some spots last night and am painting it today. I'd like to have the esthetic mods done before the next RallyX in November.

I like that look, nate.

Thanks!

So since I can't work on the AWD swap until after my last race in November, I went ahead and started working on the TSI bodywork swap. The first step was the front bumper. This may not seem like much since most of you already have this bumper, but to me its kind of a big deal! I have always envied the upper model body parts since I was stuck with the N/T body (i.e. less aggressive). Next I'll do the rear bumper and I'll save the side skirts for last.

Here you can see the differences between the N/T and Turbo model bumpers, beside the obvious lack of the black stripe. The turbo bumper is flared out on the sides while the N/T tucks in. In the front the turbo one is much more prominent, unlike the N/T's underbite.
photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

Here is an a pic from today next to an old picture from when I first installed my FMIC to really compare side to side:
pc063094-1.jpg

photo 3.jpg

Last edited:
Are you referring to the Talon center pice?

That too, but I filled the groove in the 1ga bumper right under the tail lights. I am planning to go with the 1gb talon side skirts and rear bumper eventually, for now I am just sporting the 1ga talon higher skirts minus the door lower skins (I didn't feel like drilling holes on the newly painted doors at the time).

That too, but I filled the groove in the 1ga bumper right under the tail lights. I am planning to go with the 1gb talon side skirts and rear bumper eventually, for now I am just sporting the 1ga talon higher skirts minus the door lower skins (I didn't feel like drilling holes on the newly painted doors at the time).

Ah, I see! That looks nice!

Strip or stip ? I don't really see the difference in the pics you posted since I don't know what it is haha :D

The trim piece down the center of the car. On the 1ga's it's thinner and leaves a little notch look along the top. On the 1gb's it's wider and fills in the gap to give it a flusher look.

The trim piece down the center of the car. On the 1ga's it's thinner and leaves a little notch look along the top. On the 1gb's it's wider and fills in the gap to give it a flusher look.

Thanks man I never realize that ... Now because of you I want some 1gb one since I got 1ga ... Haha

Seriously both looks good but I would use the 1gb one on a white car if you got both model in stock. :)

It's been a while since my last update but I've been hard at work.

They say things have to get worse before they can get better. Here was the worse:
1380369_10151949950155586_1108988232_n.jpg

And now it's getting better:
1456604_10152002714410586_304425558_n.jpg

There are just two days left until my last RallyX of the year and I've still got a lot of work to do.

Holla, it is coming along. No autox last weekend with the Evo? Plans to change the 'clipse up for the next season?

I couldn't make it because I was working on getting the Eclipse ready for the RallyX in Tucson this weekend. Did you go? The Eclipse will jut be used for rallyX next year, same as it was for this year and I will continue to use the Evo for Autox. By the way, I met your GF the other day at that Subaru/Evo cruise.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back