The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

9!'clipseDOHC's 1g DSM build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welcome! I just love it man. And your progress and dedication I admire. Hope you can pull off the top spot in your class for this season...
Thanks Phil!

Still looks kinda cool lifted like that, and I just noticed the dent by your driver's door, you gotta get that fixed! LOL
Yeah, that has been there since 2005. That was also probably the last time the car was in a shop.

Couldn't you have the rod for the rear strut cut down and retaped? Might make the rear more stiff but should bring down how high the top of the spring sit and drop the height of the rear.
Even if I brought the height down so it looked better, the ride is still so stiff that it isn't worth messing with. I'm just going to change it up completely.

Taking a short break from suspension stuff I installed a roof vent to give me some airflow in the cabin. My next race in July 13th in Tucson, AZ so its guaranteed to be hot!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Cabin airflow options - DirtyEvo.com - The EVO and DSM Rally Forum!

Any specific reason not to install the roof vent on a sunroof plug? That way you could have shaved some additional weight removing the sunroof and leave alone the actual roof.

Great work. Love the interior. Wish you were in Ohio to give me a hand with that ha.
Haha, thanks man. Its simple and plain on the inside. I like it that way.

You always have neat little projects on your DSM Nate. Another cool, worthwhile addition to the car. Nice work!
Thanks Shane! Could prevent heat exhaustion at this next race in July. :cool:

Nice. Instead of still hot air in the car you'll have a hair dryer blowing on your head at the track. :)
Just like my old motorcycle riding days. Mm Mmm! :hellyeah:

Any specific reason not to install the roof vent on a sunroof plug? That way you could have shaved some additional weight removing the sunroof and leave alone the actual roof.
I did consider that, making a plug out of Lexan and then installing the vent there. However there are two reasons I decided against it. First it put the vent further back then ideal and second I will be removing the sunroof entirely and going to a solid roof so it seemed pointless.

Now he can crack open the sun roof and have air blow in the vent and out the sun roof. Poor mans A/C
They won't let me open the sunroof at RallyX. Hence the vent. I'm hoping the 1g side vents along the trim will help with the ventilation by pulling the air out. I'm going to remove the plastic covers on the inside so those will be wide open.

Soon I will remove the sunroof completely and then install a scoop over the vent.

I put the AGX/EIbach's back on the rear which dropped it 3" and made it look much more normal! RallyX next weekend!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KvOdaATmPk]Testing out the Pirelli P-Zero gravel tires - YouTube[/ame]

Where did you take those videos at? I want to go out there and have some fun.

Where did you take those videos at? I want to go out there and have some fun.

Vista Del Sol east until the end, then straight east on a dirt road for about a mile then a little south. You can also get there going north from Horizon, off of Berryville/Darrington north and then east. We just drove around 'til we found a decent spot. I'm just starting to explore that area.

I raced at the Tucson RallyX #4 on Saturday and after 6 timed laps against 5 competitors in my class I walked away with the 1st place M2 trophy! That bumped me up from second into first place in the season points race. The car performed beautifully with the Evo VIII front suspension, AGX/Eibach rear, and Pirelli PZero gravel tires.

For comparisons sake, looking at the results from the 3 events I have attended and comparing my times to a fast Ford Focus that usually wins the S2 class (this is after all 6 times are added together): Event #1, I as 34 seconds behind him - Event #2, I was 32 seconds behind him - Event 3 (with the gravel tires) I was only 1.5 seconds behind him!

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

0e965754b4dcf4f1ad6c54b2b9d61550.png

34b2565fccc46d908fdbfbdba05b3fc4.png

The car handled great and I'm not sure what else I could do to make it faster. I had also lowered the boost, I'm now running a 4psi wastegate spring and the boost control solenoid is wide open so that helped, although I still have way more power then I can use. The combination of less power and more traction obviously helped a ton.

The next event is September 28th and the last one of the season is November 9th. The next mods I will do to the car will be removing the sunroof, installing a scoop over the vent, and transitioning from the Summit drag seat to a Sparco Evo or similar seat. Then maybe add some vinyl so she looks like a rally car ;) Thats about all she needs for now!

Last edited:
So killer ! And, yes you're right on Mr. Focus' ass. Good that you have someone to guage speed against. The car totally looks like a true rally car. Would love to see you do the red/black/silver triangulated vinyl on your front fenders and maybe a 'Mistubishi Motors' on the rear quarters for that nostalgic look.

I think as far as more speed for you, maybe just seat time and practicing throttle control would be the best place? We can always become better drivers!

Congrats! Hope you win the championship!

Phil

Wow Nate! I'm truly impressed! :D The car looks great and sounds like it's working great for you too. But, most importantly... It sounds like you're having fun and that's what makes it so special. :hellyeah: Hope you continue to have good luck and I can't wait to hear more. :)

So killer ! And, yes you're right on Mr. Focus' ass. Good that you have someone to guage speed against. The car totally looks like a true rally car. Would love to see you do the red/black/silver triangulated vinyl on your front fenders and maybe a 'Mistubishi Motors' on the rear quarters for that nostalgic look.

I think as far as more speed for you, maybe just seat time and practicing throttle control would be the best place? We can always become better drivers!

Congrats! Hope you win the championship!

Phil

Wow Nate! I'm truly impressed! :D The car looks great and sounds like it's working great for you too. But, most importantly... It sounds like you're having fun and that's what makes it so special. :hellyeah: Hope you continue to have good luck and I can't wait to hear more. :)
Thanks guys! Yes, it is definitely coming together! I know the seat time will be the biggest thing now that the car is setup. I've only done 3 rallyx events now so more experience will drop my times even more.

Phil, that is my plan actually, to go with the early 90's WRC Evo vinyl design.
ra96.jpg

I mocked it up on Forza 4 using a Nissan 240 since they don't have any 1g's on that game. What a crock.
sa9u5a5a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea. I was just thinking that actually. LOL

I could PS all that stuff on there too but that makes it a lot of work when you've already got it done. Post a picture if you don't mind...

:dsm:

Yea. I was just thinking that actually. LOL

I could PS all that stuff on there too but that makes it a lot of work when you've already got it done. Post a picture if you don't mind...

The two above in post 288 are the only ones I have so far and neither are high res. There was a photographer taking pictures but I haven't seen them posted yet.

Alright then. I'll hold off until I get some HIRES. I was looking through the photographers site from the last RallyX and I noticed he hadn't posted new ones either, I'll just keep an eye out and when I see them I'll PS one and put it up for ya.

Alright then. I'll hold off until I get some HIRES. I was looking through the photographers site from the last RallyX and I noticed he hadn't posted new ones either, I'll just keep an eye out and when I see them I'll PS one and put it up for ya.

It was a different photographer then before so I'm I'm not exactly sure where they will pop up. I gave him my email address though.

I should be able to get a HIRES of that one action shot, let me see what I can do.

Last edited:
Great job! You're kicking some butt out there. I think the car is going to come out nasty with the rally graphics too.
Thanks Shane! Just 2 more events to not screw up on! ROFL

The graphics more then likely are a ways off. I really want the Sparco Evo seat which isn't cheap, even used. Plus I'm going to have to buy my baby her first Ferrari:

700_Red_1.jpg

:cool:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back