The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

88 Mighty Max Sleeper Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

istunt

Probationary Member
Apr 8, 2012
Houston, Texas
Hey guys I've been lurking for a bit while researching and figured i would join up. The truck is all stock and pretty much on its last leg, so thought it was time to start the swap. I've done tons of research on the swap but hoping i can still learn from what you guys offer from the forums.

My plans are just to get the motor swapped and running properly and then ill think about upgrades in the future. Right now its the stock 2.6L and how you see in the pics are exactly how i got it. Comments welcome.

Here is the parts that I have picked out so far, thoughts and opinions welcome.

Jay Racing Thermostat relocation kit - http://www.jayracing.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_94&products_id=28
Glowshift Boost gauge
EBay Turbo manifold (to cut and flip to do top mounted turbo)
Ebay FMIC with piping - size 27x5.5x2.75 so I can retain my A/C
RFL BOV - http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TXS-BOV-H-RFLjj
Fuel pump - Walbro GSL392 - http://www.summitracing.com/parts/VPN-GSL392/
Stock FPR for now
OEM Timing components from Rockauto
SS braided fuel line.
SS braided oil line
Maybe SS braided coolant hoses as well?
Water pump from a 94 mighty max

I really wont know what fittings I will need until I get the motor situated and set up the way I need it. Getting rid of the power steering pump since the truck doesn't have it anyway. Keeping the A/C compressor (starting to get hot in Texas).

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 337
  • Side.jpg
    Side.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 442
  • Engfront.jpg
    Engfront.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 429
  • EngLeft.jpg
    EngLeft.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 294
  • Engright.jpg
    Engright.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 347
Last edited by a moderator:
heck yeah. deff could make a cool sleeper for sure.

whats your budget / power goals... hard to give you any kind of advice on what direction to head with it without knowing more details.

Sorry for the lack of information. My budget is about 3k just to get it swapped and running right. As for power goals I hope to make about 250-350hp and still be a reliable daily driver. Since this will be my first turbo vehicle ever, I want to learn the do's and don'ts.

I <3 RWD mitsus

Great find, I would love to start one for these project but as many of us have too many right now.

Do you know what block is in the engine now? Serial number? could you do a DOHC swap on the block? I want to do more research on this engine.

Also there is a ton of room in that engine bay, you wouldn't have any trouble fitting a holset into that engine bay:hellyeah::thumb:

I <3 RWD mitsus

Great find, I would love to start one for these project but as many of us have too many right now.

Do you know what block is in the engine now? Serial number? could you do a DOHC swap on the block? I want to do more research on this engine.

Also there is a ton of room in that engine bay, you wouldn't have any trouble fitting a holset into that engine bay:hellyeah::thumb:

The block now is a G54B, and i do remember seeing something about being able to do a DOHC swap but since i've been crazy about the 4g63 i kind of forgot the information about it. But you can go to projectzerog.com for more information about it.

Loks lika a great project, I´d like to se an 4G63T in there odcourse :hellyeah:

Updated with parts list with what i'm thinking will be good for the swap.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back