The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

87 Galant RalliArt 2.0TURBO 4G63BT

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Next thing to deal with was the power windows switch.

First they started to fail on the main one (passanger window couldnt go up) and also letters worn out after years of using

First i have disassembled everything, cleaned up the contacts, and it all woreked again like a charm

IMG_3087%20-%20Copy_zpseaprybo5.jpg

IMG_3102%20-%20Copy_zps4vdbddcw.jpg

IMG_3104%20-%20Copy_zpsaplyiq3c.jpg

Then i found a ultra rare JDM main power window switch that has Door Lock option on it and AUTO funstion for drivers window.
It was in Malaysia, and it is very very hard to communicate with them and in the end to get parts from

So i accepted a challenge of making a UNIQUE, only in the world, LHD main switch with AUTO power windows on drivers doors, and Door lock option

IMG_3332_zpsu9vv8e3w.jpg

And finally received it after 2months

IMG_4025_zpsaerf0y2g.jpg

Next big problem was it was all for RHD (you cant put AUTO function on the left side) and also you need to use LHD plastic surround to fit properly
However plastic surround didnt have DOOR LOCKS sign

after days of researching, find up it wasnt a sticker on the buttons and plastic surround. It was printed with high quality colour that remains under usage of fingers
luckily i found one guy who was able to do this for me, so i have also refurbed buttons and plastic surround, also all other buttons on passanger doors

16196419_10209530853082113_666286682_o_zpsl1rm83cr.jpg

next thing about AUTO function. Mitsubishi Galant Sigma in USA had AUTO function on driver window as a LHD. luckily found one with broken plastic and cutted wires, but again seller didnt want to ship, so I had to find agents etc.
after 2more months finally item arrived

IMG_5863_zpskonc5nof.jpg

next problem was it didnt have DOOR LOCK, so i had to cut the JDM one and weld it with USA one

IMG_5983_zpsggqjtk9g.jpg

Next. all was working except AUTO function for driver window when it go UP.
Thing is, in the US there was a child proof law. so the button had some kind of restriction, and also 1wire was missing from the small control unit plate (white wire in the picture above was added).

When it all was solved , here is the final result

IMG_6987_zpscbfxyr7q.jpg

From 3very rare parts, I got 1 Unique with all functions working :)
Final result: astonishing :D

IMG_6988_zps5uoo6z5w.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back