The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

8 sec 1gb auto awd panda build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forgot to add this pic the other day, My bad

8910_10200463713130210_1869706332_n_zps3e2e61bb.jpg

Kris I can't express how happy I am with the cage. Thanks again for the reference to Marc at MTK welding. Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow. :hellyeah::rocks:

Last edited:
Car is looking great! Looking forward to see it hit the track.

How much does a chromoly 10pt like that run fully installed and all up there? Just wanted to compare to quotes im getting down here

How much does a chromoly 10pt like that run fully installed and all up there? Just wanted to compare to quotes im getting down here
Well what are you looking for ? window net, chute, front bars in the engine bay, x bar ????

$2500.00 for a CM 10 Point with a window net paint and $3200 with a Chute

Kris I can't express how happy I am with the cage. Thanks again for the reference to Marc at MTK welding. Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow. :hellyeah::rocks:

No Probelm, Hope you guys are happy with everything

Is it me or is a 1 Gen with a Chute alittle sexy

wweee_zpse95a0db2.jpg

Well I'm just getting back from my vacation to Florida. Just installing my driveshaft loop and seatbelts and I will be taking the car to the track for testing this weekend weather permitting.

Finally got everything completely finished. Here is a few more pics of the cage. Everything is set for me to take the car out for testing Wednesday. Again I cant thank Marc at MTK welding enough for the top notch job on the cage.:hellyeah::thumb::applause:

Attachments

• IMG_1714.JPG
    IMG_1714.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_1716.JPG
    IMG_1716.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_1715.JPG
    IMG_1715.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_1713.jpg
    IMG_1713.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_1719.jpg
    IMG_1719.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_1718.jpg
    IMG_1718.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_1717.jpg
    IMG_1717.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 183
Hey guys just an update. Got a change of heart an decided to swap out the 1g trans with sinister converter for the 2g with precision. I got that done last week. I have a dyno day set for wednesday to finish up the tune and test the nitrous.
I have a wedding to go to this weekend so most likely next weekend I'll have some time slips to post up.

So guy just an update. We did take the car to the dyno and I can now be added to list of guys who found out the hard way why not to feed a journal bearing turbo from the head. Car made 630 and 480ft on a turbo that was good for nothing more than a babies rattle. Turbo is already off the car and sent to forced industries to be rebuilt and made bigger. As well as swapping to they're newest version of the upgraded bw compressor wheel. Should have it back in about 9 days and on the dyno again soon after. Can't wait to start getting some track time in to prep for Norwalk.

Not exactly in time for the shoot out but back none the less. Can't wait to see how these new specs net me. Updates soon to come.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 138
Finally got back to to the dyno yesterday. Didnt get to go at it balls out since my number 7 injector decided to get stuck open.:ohdamn::notgood: I went ahead and tuned the car with just what I could get on the primary's. Car made 690hp and 492tq at just 36psi. Cant wait to get the injectors back from cleaning and turn it up to the intended 55psi I wanted and see how the the turbo likes the bottle. Here is a video my boy posted up of me testing the shift points. I'll have the dyno log and more vidz soon.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200727094048745&set=vb.132184273510564&type=2&theater

Didn't take the car out I ended up sending the secondary injectors out to get cleaned and flow tested. Got them back and installed monday. Took the car back to the dyno wednesday to try to finish the high boost tune and nitrous. I was able to get the nitrous tuned. Found an issue with the wiring for injector #7 so I re wired it on the dyno and with my luck injector #4 gets stuck open ending my night. :ohdamn:
Gotta love these gremlins :toobad:

Awesome, awesome build man, great work. :thumb:

I love how you just dove right in and went all out with this beast! I've been contemplating doing the same with my car, because everytime something breaks it seems I just go bigger and bigger LOL. Really nice job with this car so far though, I look forward to seeing the payoff for all your hard work.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back