The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

'77 s30 4g63t

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks guys:thumb:

I have been thinking about painting the interior of the car white but I'm not sure if that will look weird? The car is always going to be gutted and a roll cage will be installed and i think that would look a lot cleaner than a black interior? any thoughts?

Thanks guys:thumb:

I have been thinking about painting the interior of the car white but I'm not sure if that will look weird? The car is always going to be gutted and a roll cage will be installed and i think that would look a lot cleaner than a black interior? any thoughts?

I just stumbled on this like 10 min ago . Damn man. Nice build. Mind blowing actually.. keep the interior black. :hellyeah:

I just stumbled on this like 10 min ago . Damn man. Nice build. Mind blowing actually.. keep the interior black. :hellyeah:

Yeah after looking at the car and thinking hard about it i will keep it black. i still need to respray it though because i got overspray everywhere :coy:. i was being lazy...

Thanks for the words :rocks: and since you're in the same town as me you will most likely see it at the lowes meets when its up and running :thumb:

be said he thought about it, not that he did / will. Might be done by end of summer.

Good to see you got it started, you this means youll have the second fastest 4g swaped 280 ;) haha. Looks good tho. You did steal the color I was going to paint mine, might go dark purple tho not sure. You seem to be moving right along on it keep up the good work.

be said he thought about it, not that he did / will. Might be done by end of summer.

Yeah thought about selling it but i won't. And theres no way it'll be done by the end of summer unless i win the lottery soon LOL. I hope to get it running soon (on a stock 16g setup). But roll cage is first, thats what I'm waiting on now...

Good to see you got it started, you this means youll have the second fastest 4g swaped 280 ;) haha. Looks good tho. You did steal the color I was going to paint mine, might go dark purple tho not sure. You seem to be moving right along on it keep up the good work.

:D I guess were gonna have to race and see :sneaky:

I was actually thinking about doing mine with a purple pearl LOL. i have another thread asking about paints, thats kinda funny if they ended up being the same color too ROFL. Might do red though, don't know yet :confused:

Send me a message when you start the wiring. I'm confused on the obd port part and can't seem to get an answer, maybe you have it a little more figured out or maybe im just over thinking it haha.

Great Build Here, I especially like the what you did with the intake manifold. Did you consider any other transmissions to get the shifter location closer to stock or maybe an extension from a different toyota trans?

Great Build Here, I especially like the what you did with the intake manifold. Did you consider any other transmissions to get the shifter location closer to stock or maybe an extension from a different toyota trans?

I will get either a t56 or r154 trans later down the road. the w58 is more of a "getting it on the road" trans for now. And the shifter will be moved back soon :). I haven't really done much to it; I've been going out too much lately :ohdamn:.

looking good man... im having issues with finding an exhaust manifold for mine and an intake manifold with throttle body as well.. also can you explain what you did with drilling out your block? why did you do that?

looking good man... im having issues with finding an exhaust manifold for mine and an intake manifold with throttle body as well.. also can you explain what you did with drilling out your block? why did you do that?

Check the junk yards for stocker parts.

I drilled the HEAD not the block. and the reason i drilled a hole in it was to route the coolant through the whole head and not just the front.

Check this out. read it a couple times until you understand completely (i had to read it like 3 times LOL) Forums :: 4g63 cooling system :: Bill's Auto Fabrication

P.S. sorry for the lack of updates. Ive had to pay 3 Speeding tickets :ohdamn: and I've had no extra money for parts :/. BUT! the tickets are paid for and i should be getting some goodies soon!

Sorry for the lack of updates. I failed to get it running by the end of summer but thats fine :coy:. i have all winter to get it ready for summer. Ive just done small things to it but no pics :ohdamn:. Ive gotten the Driveshaft, all the drivetrain, some more engine stuff and repainted the interior again :ohdamn: (looks good though). Im spraying the car again however and it should be a real nice color :cool:. waiting on a couple of things to start the paint job....again. Im looking for a good 16g so i can finish routing the intercooler and then ill work on the wiring, finally. Here are some teaser pics of the bay:

P.S. i know my engine bays dirty LOL but its getting painted along with the exterior.

Attachments

• securedownload-113.jpg
    securedownload-113.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 154
  • securedownload-114.jpg
    securedownload-114.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 150
Why repaint? What color are you going to repaint it?

BTW I love the old Datsun Z cars, I think this is going to be an excellent car once completed as well. The 4G63 has got to be a good bit lighter than the old L28. Curious is price the only reason you went with the W58 trains? Because if memory serves (when I owned an 87 turbo supra) the R-158 (I think thats right) trans is a good bit longer, and would put the shifter much closer to the stock location in the Z.

Also what are you doing about the rear end and suspension? I'll be following your build as I absolutely love the old Z's and obviously I'm a fan of the 4G63.

Making me jealous :p, its turning out really good bro. I need to get some work done to mine. Im pretty much in the same boat as you, no money. If you lived a little closer I'd give you this 14b so you could finish that IC piping. How much does that transsmision weigh, think I came up with the powerglide + 4g63 block is about 120 pounds lighter then the old L28.

Come paint my 280 if you want to paint a Datson again haha.

Why repaint? What color are you going to repaint it?

BTW I love the old Datsun Z cars, I think this is going to be an excellent car once completed as well. The 4G63 has got to be a good bit lighter than the old L28. Curious is price the only reason you went with the W58 trains? Because if memory serves (when I owned an 87 turbo supra) the R-158 (I think thats right) trans is a good bit longer, and would put the shifter much closer to the stock location in the Z.

Also what are you doing about the rear end and suspension? I'll be following your build as I absolutely love the old Z's and obviously I'm a fan of the 4G63.

I liked the black but it was too plain for me. Im going to paint it jet black with a purple pearl clear over that. Im only waiting on the pearl to come haha. I could only find it in australia (the color i wanted) so it'll take like 2 more weeks to get here. The only reason i went with the w58 was because price and availability and rebuild kits are dirt cheap haha. A better stronger trans will go in once I'm making enough power. The rear end will say stock (i hear of people going 9s on the diff so I'm not worried) and suspension will be an s13 240sx set up.

Making me jealous :p, its turning out really good bro. I need to get some work done to mine. Im pretty much in the same boat as you, no money. If you lived a little closer I'd give you this 14b so you could finish that IC piping. How much does that transsmision weigh, think I came up with the powerglide + 4g63 block is about 120 pounds lighter then the old L28.

Come paint my 280 if you want to paint a Datson again haha.

Thanks man!
Yeah its a very slow progress but I'm not worried about it, summer passed so i have all winter LOL. The transmission is very light, i can lift it like nothing, i would say about 40-60 lbs but i haven't weighed it so I'm not sure. The paint is pretty easy though, I'm sure anybody could paint if they take their time and follow directions haha Its ALL in the prep though. Id say 90% prep and 10% the actual painting.

liking it. I have a 75 280z. Not putting a 4g in it, tho, thats goin in my s4. I am tossing around either a 2jz or a big turbo 5.3 chev. dont get unmotivated!!

liking it. I have a 75 280z. Not putting a 4g in it, tho, thats goin in my s4. I am tossing around either a 2jz or a big turbo 5.3 chev. dont get unmotivated!!

Id go 4g63t :p keep the weight as low as possible LOL. But if not id pick the 2jz over a v8 any day. Just waiting on parts and the weekend to come so i can actually touch it. I need to mount my intercooler already, Its HUGE. 3"x12"x31" :cool:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back