The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

7 bolt head 6 bolt block question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biddy420

Proven Member
Jun 17, 2017
Naperville, Illinois
ol I’ve searched and searched and info seems kind of all over the place Magnus info old just wondering how most people handle crank trigger I am either taking 6 bolt pump to machine shop for the kiggley crank trigger install or I’ve heard mixed reviews on the 96 sonata oil pump already being set for a 6 bolt with trigger sensor the info I’ve found on the sonata pump seems like no one ever really knew and were are old threads what’s ppls opionions I’m both routes and what one would be best

pardon my spelling errors please our apartment burned down a few weeks back and using a terrible tablet LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I decided to go with the kiggly trigger sensor anyone know much about it and how well they work? Block is at apex in Chicago being assembled now they ordered the trigger sensor kit and will do the modifications to the pump there during assembly

So block is getting honed decked for mls new eagle rods mahle 10.1 pistons new oil pump modded for the kiggly trigger cylinders o ringed arp main studs rod bolts anything I’m missing I should ask machine shop to do?
Head is already being shipped to strictly for a stage 1 head build will have crowler 272 cams then they will do oil port mod bore my head studs 1mm over for the 6 bolt studs then for the stage 1 head they do new stainless steel valves and Manley springs also having head decked for mls

From what I have read when both are done I should use it he 6 bolt timing components and water pump any suggestions on head gasket pistons and block will be 85.5

yeah block is getting o ringed for sure it was already previously done so not sure if they replace them when they do build or mine just stay in

Long story short most the work had already been done but on Jan 25th our condo burned down was building the motor in my room while the fire never made it to our room everything was black and smoke damaged so wanted every thing hot tabked and gone over I don’t trust the bearings and stuff after that personally rather be sure it’s ok then question it when it’s done LOL

Depends how much boost you decide to run and on what gas. I'd say jump to 2150cc and be done with it. On E85 at about 27psi on a 16g I was already at about 80+% duty cycle I upgraded to a 68HTA and wanted some more wiggle room so I went up to the 1650cc injectors didn't check the duty cycle since the tune. Point being 2150cc would be the last injector you would need.

Any suggestions on injector size will be using a precision 5031 with s70 tb Magnus intake manifold and forced performance exhausts manifold
You should choose your injector cc size by your power goals. I like FIC best and most people in here agree. Be sure to pay attention to the impedence. Different impedance require different injector drivers.

2150's. All you probably ever need and easy to tune. I went up in increments and went through 560's, 1120's, 1650's and now FINALLY 2150's. Just pull the trigger and don't look back. I had to sell old injectors, order new ones, take a hit on the selling part so in the end, I have spent way more than I should have by going that way. Not everyone will agree, but if you are going to be making power, that part can be a constant. Good luck on the build!!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back