The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

661hp & 463tq NEW 420a RECORD!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

One word INSANE!! Gives us 420a guys something to look forward too..

I never thought you could use corrected numbers for anything but to make your self feel better. I would never use them for Records since its not actually what the car layed down. Corrected numbers are to make your self feel good. Its not actually what the car is making.

Anyways not trying to be a dick. You still made more power than I will most likely ever make corrected.

You should probably read all the threads before putting in your 2 cents like this. Even uncorrected he beat the record.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE..

And officially it was SAE corrected on the dyno

and there is still alot let in the car fine tunning of the fuel map and adding timming. We only made 5 pulls yesterday

Its about damned time! I was with this build from day one, I built and turbo'd my 98 gs, bought a 97 gs, got a 03gagt, 93accord, and now a 94 talon tsi awd during this entire build. LOL

glad to see the hard work paid off.

I agree with the chassis twist.... Holly damn! Your gonna lose your race motor as it breaks the front end of the car apart.

That's pretty cool for a 420a, hell you're up there with plenty of the 4g63's.
Good work.

And is the FMIC even necessary since the turbo is mounted directly in the front and is receiving air that's already cooled down?

That's pretty cool for a 420a, hell you're up there with plenty of the 4g63's.
Good work.

And is the FMIC even necessary since the turbo is mounted directly in the front and is receiving air that's already cooled down?
FMIC is necesary because the intake air is heated up once it's compressed.

im just wandering what your going to do to prevent birds and small babies from being sucked into it :D

LOL small babies... However I do agree and would atleast tie on some metal screen, same that you'd use on house windows. Like use a clamp to hold it down so nothing bigger than dust particals can find its way in. I dunno if I'd put a filter on it, cause how much that turbo is sucking, might break the filter up and suck it in.

Even running at the drag strip or whatever, something could always be flying in the air and get sucked in...

I remember following this build while you were overseas... glad to see it finally got done!

It was built and tuned by PFI correct? I thought they only did Hondas... hmmm

Man pfi dose everything there crazy right now they have a 5,000 hp twin turbo drag car there building. If you have never been there make the trip it is so worth it there is always some thing bad ass at there shop.

Wow, very impressive, great work! I hope your slicks are huge!

My slicks are 26x10x13 there going on my 13inch bogart 5 star pro they weigh 8 pounds each!!!

Man pfi dose everything there crazy right now they have a 5,000 hp twin turbo drag car there building. If you have never been there make the trip it is so worth it there is always some thing bad ass at there shop.

I went there once but it was a long ass time ago. (at least 5 years) I just remember seeing 3 or 4 hondas in there and I know they had that 9 or 10 sec hatch back in the day. I guess I just assumed thats all they did... I live about 20 mins from their shop.

Maybe they can fab me up some 3" IC pipes? I have been moderately searching for a place that could do this for me just never thought of them.

WOW. I am impressed. Making an motivation for me to make a record out of a 420a. Keep it up bro.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back