The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

6466 slow spooling ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glatto

Proven Member
Oct 19, 2013
Marolterode, Europe
Hi

I have a problem.

My new turbo is a 6466 0.82 with T3 header.

Now is the car of the dyno for setup, but the spooling is very slow.

The car have 7-8 PSI at 5500 U/min at 7000 U/min 40 psi full boost.

Old Setup( AMS 850R spooling 4500-5000 Umin fullboost 5000-5500 32PSI

The power is short for 7900-8500 U/min 850 Hp
This is to late here is the problem maybee the cams BC 280
I want chance the cams next week Kelford 276/280

Now i search the slow spooling problem.

The intercooler and pipes are ok.

What is the problem from the car?

Sorry for my bad english i`m from germany.

What A/R is the turbine housing? What compression ratio is the engine? What are the Compression #'s??. Is your waste gate leaking? What springs/brand/size?
Can you do a leak down test?
Going to need more information in attempt to help.

Wastegate spring also isnt helping you. You want at minimum half the boost you are trying to run. But yea, you have some major leaks.

Make sure your bov is hooked up correctly and isn't leaking. I guess you did a blt and found no leaks? I don't know how your tune is but check timing maps and a/f ratios if all else fails. Also the exhaust manifold might be cracked or the flanges not true and leaking.

Your English is fine to understand, don't worry about that but I hope that some of the terms we use are understood by you? Have you used an air compressor to pressurize the intake tract (boost leak test = BLT) to be positive there are no leaks through the entire system? Things like the BOV, compressor cover, throttle shaft seals, mounting flanges, etc. all have the potential to leak and you need to be sure that the turbo's output is making it all the way into the engine. Also, what are you using to tune the car, DSMLink, AEM, EVOScan/Flash?? I didn't see any thread on DSMlink forums today like this so I'm not sure if you are on there, but much of this could be with the way your tuning is set up.

What target A/F do you have for the E-85 you are running on and what does your timing look like during spool and after the torque peak?

Thanks for the answer.

We have testing the intake tract with a compressor.
The BOV we have exchanged with a new. The exaust manifold is new.(punishment racing)

My ECU is AEM EMS

When the car idle 1200 Rpm have ca -14 PSI with the 850 AMS turbo i have -10 PSI.

Yes i have a leak tast for the air tract.
I running BC 280 cams the same like last year.
This is a other problem for the cams is the boost a little to high. With 15-20 PSI is the dynosheet ok.
With 40 PSI the dynosheet is very bad only short hp at 8200-8400.
I chance next week the cams now install Kelford 276/280

You need to also check the exhaust side. Manifold to head flange(intake and exhaust), manifold to turbo flange, wastegate flange..etc.

So i found the problem. It was the BC 280 Cams
Now i use the 280/276 Kelford the spooling is a little better but now ist the power from 5500- 9000 U\min

Max Hp 910 and 826 torque :rocks:

Here the sheet.

Attachments

• Leistungsmessung.jpg
    Leistungsmessung.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 195
I'm assuming you have adjustable cam gears, you should try adjusting them, keltalon will have some great suggestions for you on that one. But aside from that, I still don't see why those bc 280's we that bad, maybe they didn't like that tune? Did you re tune after installing the kelfords, those are pretty nice cams so I can see a power difference but maybe the rest of your set up didn't work well with them? Just trying to learn some more. Great numbers by the way!:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back