The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Street Build ~600whp Steet/Strip Auto 1g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looong break and winter upgrades have occured, car is almost back together.

Trans upgrades:
I've replaced the stock torque converter with a sinister "spoolinator".
In the trans I've installed a Translab shift kit, IPT end clutch kit, and welded the center diff.
Added a larger trans cooler and relocated it to the factory foglight location.

Engine upgrades:
The head lifted last November(weak ass ARPs) with l19s, and a fresh head resurface
Upgraded cams from Crower 272s to Kelford 272s.

Suspension upgrades:
Replaced kyb/tien combo with D2 coilovers
Replaced evo8 wheels/all seasons with RPF1 200tw summer tires

I also deleted the ABS from the front for a cleaner bay.

I dynoed 645 last summer on a 104* day and made 645whp. Hoping to be able to touch 700, and back it off to around 500 to start at the drag strip.

Buying a trailer this weekend, and I bought an ecoboost f150 a month or so back for hauling.

Let's see if i can snag a 9!

Dyno-dynamics as well. I'll probably tap out the stock ignition before I hit the 700 mark though. But if I can't hit 9s with my current setup, i'm doing something wrong and or something broke.

Looong break and winter upgrades have occured, car is almost back together.

Trans upgrades:
I've replaced the stock torque converter with a sinister "spoolinator".
In the trans I've installed a Translab shift kit, IPT end clutch kit, and welded the center diff.
Added a larger trans cooler and relocated it to the factory foglight location.

Engine upgrades:
The head lifted last November(weak ass ARPs) with l19s, and a fresh head resurface
Upgraded cams from Crower 272s to Kelford 272s.

Suspension upgrades:
Replaced kyb/tien combo with D2 coilovers
Replaced evo8 wheels/all seasons with RPF1 200tw summer tires

I also deleted the ABS from the front for a cleaner bay.

I dynoed 645 last summer on a 104* day and made 645whp. Hoping to be able to touch 700, and back it off to around 500 to start at the drag strip.

Buying a trailer this weekend, and I bought an ecoboost f150 a month or so back for hauling.

Let's see if i can snag a 9!
Sweet build man

Update:

Took the car to the track for the first time and was severely disappointed. I was not able to stall the converter at all. I tried more fuel, less fuel, more timing, less timing, advance intake cam. And every combination of those.

First pass was 28psi with low timing and ran a 14.8@112, ran that 2 times more and decided to turn up to see what I could run on the back end

Last pass (couldn't log because laptop broke) with unknown boost I ran a 13.4@129, with a 2.75 60 ft. And watching videos I don't spool until 5 seconds into the pass.

All this is very promising though! Hoping for a 140+ 9s pass once I get n2o back on the car.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back