1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Trouble Logging In or Staying Logged In?

CLEAR YOUR BROWSER COOKIES! More info about this can be found here. If you still have trouble after clearing your browser's cookies and cache, reply to that thread and tell us what browser you're using and what device you're using.

6 bolt with 2g trans

Posted by endangeredeagle91, Dec 17, 2017

Please Support VR Speed Factory
  1. endangeredeagle91

endangeredeagle91 Probationary Member

Joined Dec 1, 2017
    Eau Gallie, Florida
    Hello fellow DSM drivers!

This is my first post, I'm new to forums; so feel free to rip me a new one if I posted this in the wrong spot or something.

I have a previously neglected (not by me) 1g and I'm going to swap my 6 bolt into a 2g. I would like to use the 2g transmission and pair my 6 bolt to it. My questions are; will they bolt up to each other with ease? Has anyone done this before? What clutch should I use? Are the mounts the same?
    I tried to find a thread on it but only found one for a GST. Mine is AWD like the GSX I'll be swapping into. Thanks in advance for the help y'all.

My DSM:
    1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

manual

Featured Products from our Supporting Vendors

2. 19Eclipse90

19Eclipse90 DSM Wiseman

Joined Sep 29, 2003
    OKC, Oklahoma
    Okay... you posted in the wrong forum (Tech Articles are how-to's and write-ups that will not get any replies) and this question has been asked, answered, and beaten to death more times than anyone cares to remember. Start here: Magnus 1G in a 2G

endangeredeagle91 likes this.