The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

1G 6 bolt swap idle issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

96talonchick

Proven Member
Feb 3, 2016
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
6 bolt swapped 2g, 14b turbo, 560 Evo injectors and ecmlink.

2 issues. First is I had a bad IAC, replaced it with a new one and it ran fine, idle was fixed. It no longer idle surged or tried to idle so low it wanted to die. Then I replaced my starter, had the battery disconnected for several hours. Upon start up, the car ran ok but my idle was less than 500rpm. Each start up causes a different idle, some times I idle at 1500 and the car doesn't idle down and other times my car idles so low it barely wants to stay running. Why? And what else can I look at for the culprit??

2nd issue, new reman starter is grinding/loud when starting the car. It's doesn't always do it but more often then not. Again, why? And what fixes it?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back