The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

6 Bolt aftermarket Oil Pan modification for Main Studs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

After purchasing a new CRP14B 6 Bolt Spectra/Dorman Oil Pan, I have found a problem with it fitting when you have main bearing studs with or without a Kiggly girdle. I have the girdle but I don't think it would make a difference. Here are a few pictures of how to dimple the rear part of the pan so that it will fit with the main stud washers which hold it away from its proper mounting place. After you dimple the pan it will line up perfectly. There may be other ways but this worked great for me. Just dimple it a little at a time with a big hammer (notice the sledge) and a round tube like a jack handle such as what I used with the pan sitting on a piece of wood. You will also have to remove the oil pump pick up tube brace if you have main studs too so I included pictures of it also. Hope this helps someone out! :thumb:

Attachments

• 6 bolt oil pan mod1.jpg
    6 bolt oil pan mod1.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 876
  • 6 bolt oil pan mod2.jpg
    6 bolt oil pan mod2.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 796
  • 6 bolt oil pan mod3.jpg
    6 bolt oil pan mod3.jpg
    299.9 KB · Views: 744
  • 6 bolt oil pan mod4.jpg
    6 bolt oil pan mod4.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 754
  • Pick up tube mod1.jpg
    Pick up tube mod1.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 1,064
  • Pick up tube mod2.jpg
    Pick up tube mod2.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 788
  • Pick up tube mod3.jpg
    Pick up tube mod3.jpg
    332.7 KB · Views: 691
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back