Best Posts in Thread: New Fusebox Mil-spec Harness for the 1G & 2G Dsms Coming soon!

Please Support Magnus Motorsports
  1. OHM_Racer

OHM_Racer Supporting Vendor

el paso, Texas
    This made my day. We might start doing the "you want to donate a dollar" thing. LOL JK

I couldn't have said it better.

Another thing to take into consideration, some of the 30+ connectors we had to purchase in 500 - 1000+ quantities, are we ever gonna be able to sell all that on a platform like this? not even 5% to be realistic. Another example is we have 10,000 of the same terminals for a very old connector that no other car uses (to our knowledge) which makes the whole profit thing harder. I dont feel like we are obligated to share this with our customers, but this might clear the water a little.

We mention price will be a little higher, why? because it's way longer than a engine harness and it uses way thicker gauges of wire, it's practically like making 2 engine harnesses, and also if you want the option of quick disconnect there is gonna be one on each fender, we are not talking about anything crazy in here maybe a 15% increase in price compared to our reasonably price engine harness.

We already offer an engine harness for both models of this platform, we could easily continue offering just those options and jump into the continuation of the R&D of the Evo harnesses, but some of us still have love for this platform, and a fuse-box harness followed by a auto engine harness option seems to be the right thing, maybe not profit wise, but me personally don't like to leave things half done.

On a side note:

My opinion about posting another company's website in this thread is just not right(very good company if you ask me). especially when that said company doesn't pay supporting vendor fees in this website or is not a supporting vendor and besides that, our harness is plug and play no need to wire anything anywhere, so that is one big difference for some people. :thumb:

If you guys have any more questions, just let me know.

2. OHM_Racer

el paso, Texas
    Not much of an update that when we are gonna be able to have the man power to start building them for all of you, but we are hoping for the start of the new year.

Now if anyone would like to see some actual pictures of it here it is the one we are running on our car, this one is missing the (2) Milspec quick disconnects at the moment. (it will be an option like out engine harness).
    Sorry they are a little rough, but hope you all get the idea. :)

IMG_3618.jpg
    IMG_3632.jpg

IMG_3631.jpg

3. 2gmitsueclipse

2gmitsueclipse DSM Wiseman

DSM Profiles:
    Auburn Hills, Michigan

Please consider the R&D that went into the development. The quality aftermarket scene is quickly diminishing for this platform. If you break down the cost of quality materials and the time involved, the pricing is VERY reasonable. This should be the last wire harness a DSM should ever need. I have to say, some of the custom parts that have been released by supporting vendors and freelancers lately have been among the highest quality I have seen available for this platform.

4. OHM_Racer

el paso, Texas
    Good afternoon fellas!

We are getting ready to release the fuse box harnesses as promised its official, some final testings are being done and we plan to release them in the middle of August or sooner. ;)

Some details of the harness are:
    Harness ran independently through each fender to their respective headlights ect.
    Fuse box relocated inside on glove box area
    19 pin Amphenol connector on each fender (optional)
    Brand new pins, seals and Mil-Spec wire
    Raychem DR-25 or Techflex Braided expandable Loom

IMG_3639.png
    fusebox-legit.png

This harness might be offered only on a limited quantity, still debating if it should be done through Group buy or regular sale.

Thank you for your time guys, we will continue to try to find new products to keep supporting our community like promised. :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  5. OHM_Racer

el paso, Texas
    First of all thank you for the kind comments. This harnesses are not for everyone, most of our customers are people that tried making them on their own and didn't work for them, or people that have the money but none of them time. They know and realize the work involved in this, there is a reason nobody made harnesses in the past 15 years on this cars, finding tricks and strategies to prevent electrical interference on this harnesses is one of them.

I would like to tell you guys that this harnesses are ready to be ordered, but they are not. a couple of months back we were missing several connectors and even asked some of other vendors/companies if such connectors could be supplied to us (not gonna mention names) but we got no response. No biggie, we manage source the majority of them after several 100+ hours of searching.

The people that really want this harnesses are gonna have to wait a little more for them, we have one prototype complete like mentioned before, but our old Hi-pot testing machine is being serviced and our 2G test car for testing the harness have no dash and no interior harness to be tested, and we currently have a waiting list of people for the engine harness as we can only build 2 at a time and that alone if taking most of our time for now.
    One thing is certain, it is going be offered however, we are not gonna rush it, but ill keep you guys updated before the end of the month.

Thank you for understanding.

6. GST with PSI

GST with PSI DSM Wiseman

DSM Profiles:
    Annapolis, Maryland
    Pics, or it didn't happen.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Ace Race Parts Advanced Fuel Injection Archer Fabrication Boostin Performance ECM Tuning Extreme Turbo Systems ExtremePSI Feal Suspension Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions Jackson Auto Machine JNZ Tuning Magnus Motorsports Miller Import Parts OHM Racing Race Components Inc RockAuto RoadSurge Spultronix Performance STM Tuned Strictly Import Motorsports VR Speed Factory