The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

4g63 Mechanic Needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomsGST

Probationary Member
Aug 14, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
I have learned from past post that Thomas Lewis is not the one to go to, I have talk to Doug at Extreme Performance and he seems to know his stuff, but I am needing an estimate and he will not answer my emails, text or voice messages, so I am moving on. Does any body know a legitimate mechanic that can do major repairs on my 96 GST?

I have learned from past post that Thomas Lewis is not the one to go to, I have talk to Doug at Extreme Performance and he seems to know his stuff, but I am needing an estimate and he will not answer my emails, text or voice messages, so I am moving on. Does any body know a legitimate mechanic that can do major repairs on my 96 GST?
Doug is my go to. That's odd that he's not responding to you. If I call he'll normally return my call within the hour.

What are you looking at getting done? I can give you book time so you can figure out how many hours of labor you are looking at, to avoid getting overcharged.
Engine taken out, new bearings, new rings, new pistons only if cylinder needs machining, new clutch & pressure plate & throw-out bearing, new turbo, new seals & gaskets, looking for about 300 BHP, basically a rebuilt engine with a little extra getty up.

I'd personally have the machine work done at Shacklettes Auto in Nashville, including the engine assembly. Then you can find someone to put it in and do the other things. You can check out Papaya Motorsports in Nashville. They did the work on my buddy's 1150HP Supra and are huge in the Honda world. That's who will be swapping my built motor starting next week. Doug is very reputable in the DSM community though, I'd also keep trying to contact him or Matt.

Sorry took a while to get back to you. Labor hours for a whole rebuild are around 30 hours of labor. My shop price here is $80 an hour but when I get jobs I like I only charge $60 an hour. Go from there so you can estimate a price so you dont get ripped off.

Use Marc's auto machine in Franklin for all machine work. I've had him build a couple engines for me. PM me if you need any help with anything. I'm in Nashville, and it never bothers me to lend a hand or advice.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back