The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

4g37 ECU switch

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AaronSaysHmm

Probationary Member
Jul 28, 2014
yakima, Washington
I recently fixed my 1991 eclipse gs 1.8L SOHC manual, the ECU was reading the engine temp as -62 degrees and would not allow it to start unless cranked about 20 times to heat up the engine and allow the ecu to read a correct temp. I could not fix the ECU so it was time to replace it. As I could not find the correct ECU for my car i checked the local junkyard. I came across a 1992 eclipse 2.0L DOHC automatic and took the ECU. All the plugs were the same. The car cranks, turns over, runs and drives with no check engine lights. I checks the timing and everything is running correctly. The car runs well and gets great gas mileage so I assume the ECU is working properly for the most part. I have not yet brought it in to be read with diagnostic tools but I will when I can. I have the old ECU and I will post pictures of both with model numbers.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back