The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Now LS swapped 3000GT, was 4Gswapped

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm working on it Donnie! Patience!
Working on what? Getrag on a 4G?! If so that would be great.... IF you also faceplate the trans so you can shift above 8k. Good luck with liberty. They had a friends getrag for 45 weeks until he finally gave up and is picking it up.

Been awhile since I updated. Tore it apart for winter upgrades and just waiting for final parts to come in to begin assembly.
Changes....
Engine...
  • 2.0 long rod with HD2 pistons and R&R 156mm aluminum rods
  • Half fill. Stock water pump
Fuel
  • Magnus hex drive mechanical pump bracket
  • aeromotive pump and FPR
  • custom front surge tank fed by stock tank and lift pump (still need to build)
  • adding 1650's as primary injectors and moving 2150's as secondary
Induction
  • Magnus v3 intake with second rail
  • equal length exhaust mani to replace ERL cast. (still bottom mount)
  • Still using FP Super99
Chassis
  • Nothing major, but finding hidden weight to remove. Goal of 3100 race weight
Trans
  • Just adding Jeff Bush front LSD insert.

Shipped quite a few 4Gswap mounts over the winter. 3000GT 4Gswap guys will love the room in the engine bay. After working on my daughters 2g talon tsi, I'd rather swap it into a 3000 chassis also. LOL.

Too bad it's automatic? It's just a transmission. Shouldn't take anything away or add to a car.

But if it makes you feel better, it's been manual for about the last 3-4 weeks.

Too bad it's automatic? It's just a transmission. Shouldn't take anything away or add to a car.

But if it makes you feel better, it's been manual for about the last 3-4 weeks.
The only thing I Like about auto-trans is that I can rest my left foot out the window! I understand almost everyone has auto & driving stick is dying out! I just love to actually be the one driving my car. I used to smoke street racers in my Factory Chevy Prism LSi just because they didnt know I had stick nor any idea that I can drive the shit out of my cars when the kids are safely away, LOL!
Really nice work tho, our Betty Boop will take years financially...those 3000gt have always caught my eye, surprisingly I didnt get around to getting in one. That is strange for me :bcuz back then I would follow any stranger with candy for grown-ups.Haha!

One of the Yatt Thailand guys is doing a 4g63 swapped GTO. It looks like it's going to be awesome. He's doing a tomei bottom end and everything. His Instagram is monster_ssp_thailand of you wanna check it out!

Awesome car. I have a 92' vr4 and my Talon. Love them bothLOL

The thailand guy is doing an evo 4g, but has been posting instagram pics for ages with very little progress. The dsm swap, with my 4Gswap mounts can be done in a weekend. It's nearly plug n play.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back