The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

450-500whp, pump gas, s256?, pte6262?, or 5857?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just picked up a s259 ETT in a divided t4 .84AR housing and im shooting for 550. From all the reviews about these turbos, I have no doubt that it will last and produce the whp I am looking for.

Steve, the current holset record holder doesnt bother with the stuff. Dave got a flamefest on the link forums for expressing his opinion. Guess the cats clawed the bag enough; afterall, how many of any i4 setups have ran 10s with 93octane... So there are no secret formulas, no covert ideals that net quality results from one of several quality suggestions. REAL WORLD results, results, results.

The bolton (.55 housing) hx40 on a built motor with q16 has output nearly 700whp, **backed by track results**. A measly 500whp is far within the realm of logic......... Then again logic doesn't take one down the path of 500whp with an i4 using 93 octane.

Theres a night and day difference between a t4 t67 setup; vs. a bolton borg/bep or holset or fp with better fuel. The question is now what fuel is really worth it at this level.

To be fair though, Wendy's car was on E85, and most if not all of the 500+whp results you'll find in the Holset thread - or anywhere else for that matter - are on race gas or alcohol.

The pump gas stipulation is really the stumbling point here. Hitting the numbers on straight pump is going to require alot of supporting mods that are well matched. Doing it in a bolt-on housing is extremely difficult, even with the FP bolt-on hotside.
Understood, but many still consider E85 to be "pump gas" because you do, indeed, buy it at the pump.

I agree about pump gas being the holding point to his setup. We also don't have answers like what compression ratio is the O.P. going to run....that will make a huge difference in the detonation factor. Obviously he won't be able to get away with running 93 octane pump gas on 9.0:1 pistons @ 35psi with any of these turbos, especially with the backpressure a bolt-on housing provides over something larger.

700whp HX40 with a bolt on housing? Really?

As for compression ratio, I've only bought rods so far. I plan to get stock 7 bolt compression Mahles.

685whp and 650whp trapspeeds based on weight at 4psi lower boost, all on the .55 ar bep volute. The results are published easily for search purposes. . .???

With that compression, you're better off staying far away from the td05h turbine wheel for that goal.

The HX40 is looking more and more impressive as I read more about it. Saves a TON of money too.

I got a HX35W with a BEP housing already on it if you want (only bad thing that I know of is one of the compressor blades is chipped), im going to be upgrading to a T3 HX40 LOL. The only bad thing about holsets is that they aren't quite as simple to bolt on, it is highly recomended to go with a -12 or -14 AN drain so you got to open up the oil pan drain a little bit, and need to grind down the v-band on the compressor housing. Stay away from the PTE's though they suck dick hole from my experiance (although it was a while ago).

Dunno why I wrote all that when I could just walk over there and tell you :aha:

Haha, I know. I was just reading the giant oil drain thread. I'll figure somethin out. Definitely think the HX40 is a winner!

damn not another one.

Is this because you dislike Holsets? Or because you want them all to yourself? Heh

Alright guys, I got so excited reading the Holset threads I bought a 6 blade HX40 off jusmx141! Yeeyyaaahh!

Haha, I know. I was just reading the giant oil drain thread. I'll figure somethin out. Definitely think the HX40 is a winner!

Is this because you dislike Holsets? Or because you want them all to yourself? Heh

Alright guys, I got so excited reading the Holset threads I bought a 6 blade HX40 off jusmx141! Yeeyyaaahh!

you will be very happy with your purchase. holset is the way to go.

Ball bearing.

Sadly, your humble testimony flys in the face of a huge conglomerate of 'attempts' at success at even the 50mile mark at stated potential.

Frequency with respect to the number of executions begets a re-understanding of potential. What's sad is that whole social communities fail to acknowledge the number of executions; only the results desired.

Ball bearing.

A turbo being replaced 4X means there's something wrong with the setup. This is the first time I have read of multiple failures of a PTE DBB turbo. I have owned three and pushed them very hard with no issues. I do not like the JB turbos though.

I have a pte 5757 dbb turbo on my car with no issues . i run the oil feed line from the head pushing close to 30 psi of boost with meth and the most i have seen of airflow in link is 47 lbs . my next turbo is going to be a t3 set up cause i want to hit 500 hp

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back