The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

420A 440cc injectors base fuel pressure? Vacuum leak?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad Bell

Proven Member
Aug 15, 2014
Levant, Maine
Just installed a set of 440cc injectors on my turbo 420a. They seem to rungreat but I am confused as to what base fuel pressure I should have my SFMU set to, and at what ratio should the fuel pressure should be increasing? I have it set to 20 psi right now and got it to idle pretty decent, at around 14.6-15.0 AFR. Not sure if this is too high or too low. Also the car backfires quite a bit on deceleration if still in gear. I thought this may be because of a vacuum leak because I didn't have this problem before, installing the injectors, boost gauge reads around -18inHg which seems normal. Although when coming to a stop sometimes the gauge will drop to around -15inHg and the car will almost stall out, so I'm not sure LOL. I'm hoping someone with a similar setup can help me out with this, thanks!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back