The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

420a rebuild kit where to buy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pvtsloan

Probationary Member
Jan 9, 2012
waynesville, Missouri
i have a 420a motor, i plan to do small 8lb turbo in the near future but i need to rebuild the engine first. so where can i get a stock bottom end rebuild kit? ive seen some on ebay but ive never heard bad nor good things bout them. can anyone help me. shes running on 275k miles and before i start throwing money at her for mods i need to get the engine rebuilt.

oh and on a second note, bout how much would a machine shop cost for a ported nd polished head?

The best thing you can do is check your local tunner shops unless you are trying to do it yourself

Build Your Own Eclipse/Talon 420a Engine Rebuild Kit - CI Motorsports

Mitsubishi Engine Rebuild Kits By Top Line From RPM

95-99 DODGE NEON 2L DOHC MASTER ENGINE REBUILD KIT 420A on eBay!

Chrysler OHC-4 1996-2.0L Engine Rebuild Kits, 1995-2000

Master Performance Engine Rebuild Kit 2.0 420A

I'm personally going with either howell or C I Motorsports. The Ebay rebuild kits are okay, but remember you get what you pay for, and those sellers are anon's.

Try to remember there really isnt a rebuild kit, all your doing is paying for somone to peice together all the parts you could track down yourself, and build your own engine to what you want it to be. Just like the guy on parts dinosaur says. Its your engine, not someone elses. If your going to rebuild the 420a Think about rebuiling it with good performance internals instead of oem replacement. Or at least build either the short block or head with performance oriented internals. That way in the future if you decide to boost or put more effort into the performance of your 420a you will have alot less of a hard time doing so.

well i dont have a bore or honeing tool so id have to get a machine shop to put put it togather for me correct?

You want an experienced person to bore or hone out the cylinder walls. Once this is done, usually by a mchine shop, they can put it together for you as well. You can do as i did, read up on this site, buy all the parts you want, and take it to a shop and tell em to slap er together.

I honeslty might say screw it. and sell the car. because when i get back from basic training and AIT i will have roughly 7-8k of saved money. so i might just see about buying a GST. i wanted to be different and mod a 420a but being different in this case is just not logical when it comes to performance. there are so many more parts available for the 4g63t. and the bonus....its already turboedLOL

That is the most realistic thing i have heard in some time. I would pick up a cheap gsx that needs a little work and throw your money into that. Go awd and never look back you will regret having the fwd when you are burning out at the top of 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears.

I live in missouri. there are 0 gsx's around this town if so there 2 over priced and riced to shit. theres a 97 gst here for 3 grand but it has 275k miles on it. but if its still around after basic and ait i might nab it up neways ive heard 4g63s can last up to 350k by then i can save the money to get it rebuilt with forged internals

Where? because i cant find them. ive looked on craigslist and theres just GST'S

Gatewaydsm.org
Kcsr.org
Stl, kc and Springfield craigslist
417 racing.com
stlsr.com
Dsmtalk.com
dsmsource.com
dsmtuners.com
ebay
autotrader

dang your right already found like 5 gsxs on KC craigslist. now i just gotta hope there are some when i get back on leave. idc how long the drive is really. as i will be driving the 420a up there with a buddy so the ride will fun and he will drive the junker back home LOL

Hey 2G and 1G DSMers, we have a small choice of performance parts, and other names we can go to for changing the power of are cars. They discontinued a few brands due to are low purchase rate over the GST and the GSX, (which I am pretty sure we'd all have if we had the choice over all) but the point of the matter is. Where can we go to ensure we can pick up are parts and they wont be discontinued? So I am setting up a blog, where I am hoping to get supporting followers to the Help get are mods and new toys Hondas and other makes get for there vehicles. first post is to the

(UNORTHODOX Crank Pulley)

lets see if we can get enough supporters to help this cause and move on to other hp gains the gst and gsx are killing. FWD can be a power house

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back