The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

420A 420a rebuild help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael67

Probationary Member
May 22, 2017
milwaukee, Wisconsin
Hey guys a few days ago I threw a rod on my 420a. I'm trying to figure out the best path to get my car up and running again.
Has anyone heard anything good about the ci motorsports high compression short blocks? Or any other of their motor variations? They have 10:5:1 high compression pistons, and i would put in the eagle rods. (http://www.cimotorsports.net/ci-high-compression-n-a-short-block-eclipse-talon-420a.html)
My main question is can I put this bottom end on my motor and run it with stock ecu and everything else from my old motor so I could get a few extra ponies out of my car and be confident on beating on it anf it being reliable? Or would these 10:5:1 pistons need a stand alone tuneable ecu to work? What else would I need to make these higher compression pistons work?
Or should I pay someone to put a rebuild kit on a sketchy $400 Craigslist motor and hope everything comes out okay?

Attachments

• 420a-eclipse-short-block.jpg
    420a-eclipse-short-block.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back