The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

420A 420a problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Man, you're having some problems bud. Well if you want to be 100% sure the oil is right just drain it again and go ahead and put the right amount in there with a new filter, worth the peace of mind. Hey on a different note, I have a 96 420a turbo, i long ditched the factory tranny bc they are not built very strong, I went with a 2000 dodge neon RT tranny, stronger shaft, longer gears perfect for my turbo setup. Bolted right up just had to switch cable bracket and use my old one. Hadn't had a problem since, just make sure you use the mopar ATF4 fluid. You can pick up a used good tranny off a dodge neon RT for less than it will cost you to rebuild your tranny.

Man, you're having some problems bud. Well if you want to be 100% sure the oil is right just drain it again and go ahead and put the right amount in there with a new filter, worth the peace of mind. Hey on a different note, I have a 96 420a turbo, i long ditched the factory tranny bc they are not built very strong, I went with a 2000 dodge neon RT tranny, stronger shaft, longer gears perfect for my turbo setup. Bolted right up just had to switch cable bracket and use my old one. Hadn't had a problem since, just make sure you use the mopar ATF4 fluid. You can pick up a used good tranny off a dodge neon RT for less than it will cost you to rebuild your tranny.
Could you PM me your 96 420a turbo setup? I have a 97 Talon with a 420a. Interested in turboing mine after an engine rebuild.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back