The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

420a Alternator Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

420a Power

Probationary Member
Jan 21, 2014
Yakima, Washington
Hey guys, So the other night i was driving and my alternator tensioner snapped in half! So i go to the scrap yard in get an ahem "New" one and replace it, For some reason my alternator won't sit flush/straight, I tried many solutions but none got me anywhere, I tried taking off the bottom bolt to get it even, I tried to tighten it from the highest point to make it sit flat and flush with the mount then move it back to tighten the belt but still no fix, Also tried adding washers to make it sit flat with the top mount, Anyone got an idea on what could be happening? P.S. What i mean by not sitting flush is that instead of the alternator sitting flat on the top where the bolt goes in, it acts as if the belt is pulling the entire alternator and making it sit inward making the pulley point inward, Causing my belt to slip off when i reach over around 3.5k Rpms on the main crank pulley or whatever its called because the alternator is pointing in an odd direction. Everything is tight and snug, not to tight or too lose, Any feedback would be helpful.:hmm::idontknow::thumb:

Have you checked to make sure non of the brackets are bent or that the case on the alternator isnt cracked? also check to make sure that threads are not messed up at all i had a car come into work and it would do the same thing and the bolt was actually pulling out of the case just enough that belt would slip of the pulley.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back