The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

420a aftermarket cams/new head questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

got_psi

Proven Member
Feb 28, 2013
Southfield, Michigan
Whatup all I'm hoping someone can help me with this question I had.

I have 2g '95 talon w a very built 420a w turbo. two valves hung open & head gasket is blown so I have to take off the head now.

I found an amazing deal on a ci motorsports stage 3 420a head that is fresh,never bolted to motor. I went ahead and purchased the head mostly because it has upgraded(crower) valves/springs and so on.

My car currently has stage 2 turbo Brian crower cams that have less then 1k miles (approx 800) which I really like and would def like to use them w the new head that'll be going on my motor.

My question Is would there be any problem with using my slightly used Brian crower cams w my fresh ci head?

I appreciate any help i can get. Thanks in advance.

As long as the head was assembled correctly and valve tip heights are in spec. along with the springs being able to handle the cams and not go into coil bind, and the cams are not damaged, you should be fine to use the BC cams

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back