The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

4 bar map sensor , housing replacement??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toppertopper

10+ Year Contributor
May 14, 2009
edmonton, AB_Canada
well some how my new 4 bar map sensor , the vac nipple broke off ..My question is there a way to open the housing up and replace the housing with another one ..I have a 1 bar gm map sensor kicking around some where would the housing work .If it will how to i pull it apart ?

that is where i had just bought it from LOL , i am sure there is a way to open the casing and put a new casing with the vac nipple , i will be grabbing some from the junkyard to play with ...If the omni 4 bar map sensors are that brittle , cant see myself buying another ..May go with another brand before i go omni again LOL

I would be interested in seeing if you could tap the plastic and thread a metal hose barb into it. I have never seen inside of one. I guess it would also depend if it cracked the housing or just sheared the nipple off.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back