The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

3D model

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff420a_DSM

Proven Member
Jan 30, 2014
Chesapeake, Virginia
Hey guys, im not really sure if this is the right place for it but I suppose its the closest to a video game more than anything.

So, Ive been messing with Autodesk Maya because of school so I started to model the 2g eclipse

I figured I would show you guys my end result. Pretty sweet if I may say so myself

Tell me what you think and maybe suggest some other cars to model :thumb: I have the 1g eclipse in mind along with the 4th gen supra

Attachments

• 3dEclipse.jpg
    3dEclipse.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 92
Nice work man:applause:, do you have any more shots of it?
also do think you could do a model of a 1987 colt vista [like the one in my sig]
I never seen a 3d model of a colt vista on-line, oh and thanks for sharing your work on here too.

Thanks for the positive feed back! Id have to render some more shots of the model, but that doesn't seem like a problem! I think im going to play with the lights before hand though. Ive been watching videos on lighting up the scene like a showroom. that will most likely show some of its flaws more but its my first 3d model of a car so I don't expect it to be perfect!

As for the colt vista, if I can find some blueprints for it I will definitely give it a shot at a 3d model

I second the 1g dsm it's a given, besides everybody loves the perfect lines of the 1gs the pop ups always look awesome you should do a 1g with the sleepy eye mod.

I think it would also be worth it to do the early regular colt/mirage GT link to an image below
Hatch Heaven » 1988 Dodge Colt GT Turbo

some pictures of a cool looking rare colt vista:D http://www.cardomain.com/ridepost/2586527/11802047/1986-mitsubishi-nimbus/

I looked for some blue prints for the colt vista but I cant seem to find any :cry: though Ill look harder. Ive seen the colt gt blueprints though, so I could get started with that.

And the 1g eclipse, I cant seem to find any blue prints with all for views. I can only find blueprints with F,B,S views. Im gonna give that a shot anyways. itll be more of a challenge but I think I can make it happen.

I started to Rig the 3d model of the 2g. So soon ill make a short little animation of it circling a track or something :thumb: Ill post the video link when I get done. which hopefully wont be long

okay so now that the site is back up, I thought Id share with yall what I have been doing the past couple of days.

I decided to make a short little pass by animation. Note its not detailed on purpose. it was just a preview to see if it looked good

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Hopefully that works! if it does watch it in HD and if it doesn't just let me know

And feedback will be appreciated :thumb:

Edit:I see that it has embedded LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back