The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1G 2nd owner first start ever

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slobonator4G63

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 10, 2009
Winnipeg, MB_Canada
So here it is I found a 1991 eagle talon never could get it to run but the car was in great shape so I bought it anyways. So I began trouble shooting and changed the ecu cause of bad cap and then the gas and spark plugs. I cranked and cranked it and then it finalu started. However I heard this aweful sound. I began looking closer and I have no idea why or how in hell I missed this but the crank shaft pully was just hanging there spinning. I then though like OMG how could I have missed that. So I shut it down and turned it off I was happy it started, Im just hoping that they rattled out and didn't shear off the bolts. I have to get the car up in the air I have spare parts motor and pulley I just hope I can save it.

Last edited:
Chances are the pulley separated. Its a common issue on these engines. If that is indeed what happened just throw a new harmonic balancer on her and you will be good to go. :hellyeah:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back