The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G 2GB Talon front bumper support rail bolts not lining up

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kryndon

Proven Member
Jan 10, 2014
Bulgaria, Europe
EDIT: It was quite obvious but I must have missed it the first time. The bumper support rails have a notch on the end which goes into the tab within the frame. You need to angle the bumper and slide it in, then let it sit level. Managed to bolt it back up easily. This thread can be deleted or left in case other people have trouble with this.

Hey all,

Recently I was doing some restoration painting on bits and pieces, and I had the whole front bumper (along with the support) taken out for more access and cleaning. Before taking it apart, it sat flush and all the lines matched with little to no gaps.

Now when I put it back together, the 4 bolts that go from underneath and bolt up the support rails to the frame, they don't even reach the rail holes. As if it currently sits further up, yet it's still inserted in the right place. Sorry if my terminology is confusing, but here's a shitty Paint pic to show which parts I'm talking about. Additionally, the front top lip on the bumper itself which has 5 bolt holes now sits far forward, stretching the bumper a little.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

So when I'm underneath the car, I can't thread the 4 big bolts into those holes. They just don't reach. And I'm certain when I was taking them off, they were definitely bolted up.

I saw that inside the place those rails slide into, there were some weird shaped notches and tabs. Am I supposed to slide the bumper in a certain way for these bolts to go in, or does a second person have to be pushing the bumper up so it sits lower while I tighten them?

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back