The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G 2Gb spoiler fitting

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doomchild

Proven Member
Sep 1, 2016
Ypres, Europe
bought a 3rd party new 2Gb spoiler but the fitment is wonkey, big gaps to the side of the spoiler.
any advice on how to make these fit?
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

this was just a first try fit, cleaned up the old placement of the low spoiler more and tried again, still the same.

It looks to be off because the manufacturer forgot that our trunk lids aren't flat straight across, like how there's looks to fit. The mounting surface of those wings are supposed to be contoured to the trunk lid. It looks like the only way to salvage that one would be to shave the mount surfaces to be curved a little.

Compared to the oem wing, yours looks way off, like they just didn't care to make it right.

I don't know why it's not showing the picture, but if you click the image, it'll still take you to it.

Attachments

• 20170708_190728_zpskztxkcuv.jpg
    20170708_190728_zpskztxkcuv.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 53
    7 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
photobucket isn't playing along, even on their site i get the '3rd party hosting' image.

either way, i'm guess i'm going to take this to the local body shop and let the pros handle it

well, local body shop owner nearly had an anxiety attack, he's not looking forward to it and it'll likely cost me ~500 to fit the spoiler, which would push the total cost of it to nearly 1000 :/

anyone got any tips/tricks to shave it myself?

also, the spoiler has sat in its box for a few weeks and we did have a serious heatwave during that period, the spoiler was upside down in the box when i opened it. could it have set? since the gaps are on the outside & the spoiler seems to be very close to the edge of the lid...

Last edited:
I highly doubt the heat did that. I have a spare oem version of that wing sitting in storage and it's been there for couple years and it still fits like it was meant to. I insist yours was made that way since it was aftermarket.

Attachments

7 KB · Views: 50
Return that spoiler. It's obviously warped. If you cant return it and you're stuck with it you could try to slowly bolt it up going back and forth to try to bring the mounting points down, it's fiberglass so it should bend to fit. A majority of aftermarket fiberglass or CF body parts don't fit properly, as they're made off molds from 20 years ago and been replicated to the point that they're way off from the original. Add to that the warping/flexibility of the materials and who knows how long it sat in a warehouse. If I had a 2ga eclipse I'd delete the spoiler altogether. I think it looks much sleeker. Or put a talon thumbnail spoiler on, but that's just me; I'd convert that whole car into a talon. When was the last time you saw an eagle talon over there?

Last edited:
too late, with some finessing the spoiler is on and looks ok, old spoiler holes are filled and primered, working on the front bumper now.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back