The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

2g vaccum leak please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timothys1991

Probationary Member
Jul 28, 2013
Naoma, West_Virginia
I have got my car up and running but when i get into the throttle it falls on its face. it gets to like 10 psi it starts spuutering. i put a new turbo on it and still didnt fix it. neway when you start the car i can hear a hissing or sucking sound, cant really pinpoint it but it sounds like its coming in the area of my fuel rail and intake manifold. any advice would help. thanks

I have got my car up and running but when i get into the throttle it falls on its face. it gets to like 10 psi it starts spuutering. i put a new turbo on it and still didnt fix it. neway when you start the car i can hear a hissing or sucking sound, cant really pinpoint it but it sounds like its coming in the area of my fuel rail and intake manifold. any advice would help. thanks

Most likely a fuel injector seal. New seals can be found here:

http://www.extremepsi.com/store/product.php?productid=17787&cat=0&page=1

how to do a boost test LOL sry im a newbie. And also would the seal be causeing my car to sputter out like that

Use gray rtv on Boths sides of the throttle body. If you still here the hiss youight have to replace shaft seals inside throttle body

+1 to both the injector seals and the throttle body seals. Best thing would be to do the BLT and pinpoint it from there. I would stay away from using the RTV on the throttle body. The Aluminum gaskets are crush style seals and if its leaking from there then they are worn out. Just get new ones. That is if that is the problem. Oh and don't buy the cruddy cork style gaskets either.

would i be able to go outside and take my injectors out and inspect them to tell if its a faulty seal

If you want to remove your Injectors to visual inspect the seals all you have to do is remove the fuel line from the left side of the rail as looking at motor. Remove the return line and vent line on the right. I would remove the spark plug wires and pcv valve to get them out of your way along with anything else covering the fuel rail. Then there are three bolts holding the rail down I believe. Undo those and you should be able to gently work the rail up and out. Then the injectors will pop off the rail easily

would i be able to go outside and take my injectors out and inspect them to tell if its a faulty seal

You should do a BLT like everyone mentioned before taking stuff apart. I just said that the seals could be the culprit but that's not definitive until you do the test however you should be able to hear it or even feel air escaping from one of the injectors.

+1 ^

Don't jump to conclusions as this will be $$ most of the time. 5$ Or less for boost leak stuff at homie de-pot (homedepot :idontknow:) 2.5 inch rubber PVC cap is all I got (buy the size your turbo inlet is) with a bike tire valve stem I cut from a bike inner tube. Drilled a hole through the rubber PVC cap force the valve stem through with a bunch of super glue. Let it dry over night and wala your BLT'er. I spent less then 2 bucks on mine.

If you don't have a compressor like I did not, go to gas station, pop off intake and do a leak test their. Might get some funny looks but o well. :tease:

I bet those injector seals are crispy. Dont forget to check the upper o rings on injectors too. They get overlooked. Do the blt and if you have a mbc dont forget to unhook it first.

I did the same thing with the rubber cap LOL. Bought it at Home Depot for like three bucks a few years back. And did the same thing but with a extended rubber valve stem from a truck. Hasn't failed me yet and has help find multiple problems on multiple cars.

i ordered oem bolts for my fuel rail would the missing bolt cause a leak

If the other 2 bolts are in place, maybe not. All of this is assuming until you do a boost leak test. Now that I look at it, do you have a vacuum line on that BOV? It doesn't look like it. Might want to look at some vacuum diagrams make sure everything is routed correctly. And the nipple on the side of the valve cover is supposed to be routed back into your intake.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back