The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2g short route FMIC install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HawkesTSI96

Proven Member
Aug 4, 2014
Tooele, Utah
2g VRSF or Ebay Short route FMIC install with pictures. hope this helps anyone with install. :)

First of all I had painted mine. (I do not recommend unless you use special paint for heat soak reasons.)
once you get the kit you will realize that the top pipe off the front mount will not fit between you're radiator and just under you're passenger headlight. you will need to cut our a part of the radiator support ( its pretty thin and won't need to cut that much out. mine is very sloppy but i don't really care LOL) once you get that cut out and you can actually mount the intercooler to the body where you would like to bolt it to then what I had done second was lined up where i wanted to mount it and drilled out wholes for the mounting fasteners on the two side mounting bars on the FMIC. Be sure to line up perfectly to where you want to mount it. and even double and triple check. I did not use the top mounting plate. I found that it had just got in the way and sawed it off :). I see a lot of people just find bolts that had actual bolted to the bumper. i decided to go a different route and drilled two holes one on each side for the intercooler through the supports on the front of my DSM. I had then found two 6" or so bolts with bigger washers and nuts. and mounted it this way. reasons for using the longer bolts and going through the whole support was just me being extra cautious and wanting it to be solid :) a lot more work i guess but then again this is just how i did it :)
If you're kit did not come with a FMIC facing J-PIPE you will need to order a new one. (I just got one from ebay) once the intercooler is mounted up it is fairly easy to piece everything else together. i had chose to use a 1g BOV for my kit and will recirculate to you're stock intake pipe with ease. once everything is bolted up and the intercooler is sitting perfect. go through all of you're couplers for any leaks and just make sure all clamps are tight :). my bumper had been previously cut for a FMIC but fits perfectly around the intercooler.

Problems I had ran into installing my intercooler.
First was i had measured where i wanted it mounted. drilled the holes for the mounting bolts and went to mount it up and the holes didn't mount up and had to go back and re drill a few times ( Thats why I strongly advise to double even triple check you're measurements.) also make sure you have a FMIC specific J-pipe one that bends towards driver side oppose to passenger side. if not you will have a difficult time trying to get couplers and pipes to get to the intercooler ( yes seems like an obvious tip. hahaha) the short route kit is definitely a kit i would recommend and so far has worked great for me :) running 18psi with no issues!
I hope this helps anyone. and I'm sure a lot of you don't need this but maybe some of you who have ran into some issues might be useful information here.! comment any questions you have I would love to help if i can!-HawkesTSI96
IMG_3464.jpg IMG_3337.jpg IMG_3336.jpg IMG_3258.JPG IMG_3277.jpg IMG_3310.JPGIMG_3284.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry to hijack, but I got this same kit. The couplers are not reinforced. Cant wait to install! How do you like it?

EDIT: Sorry but I didn't read this part, what turbo are you running? Will those of us (atm) who run a stock T25 be ok?

Last edited:
I love the kit. (ordering from Ebay expect to get shorted a coupler or two. happened to me any plenty of friends of mine) but for the turbo you have being a T25 I'm sure will be fine. I am running a MHI 16g turbo at the moment and seems to spool really fast with hardly any lag at all. I've done some research but guys out here are running 10's on this same kit.! or at least close to this (don't quote me LOL) but yes i would definitely recommend this kit to anyone for the price. and like i said I'm running 18psi no problem. so on you're t25 running 10psi or so should be great! :dsm::hellyeah:[DOUBLEPOST=1411409941][/DOUBLEPOST]i definitely did overkill with the mounting bars. and install was still pretty sloppy, but works great :) thread was really just to get the basic info and problems i had ran into. I would recommend :)

Cool, thanks for the feedback!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back