The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

2G resto-rescue, my new DD

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Insomniac13

Proven Member
Apr 21, 2013
Warwick, New_York
Not so long ago I made this account to gain some insight on my 3000GT VR4 build from the DSM crowd. Now, here I sit, with another Talon in my driveway. I just picked up my new DD, a 96 Talon TSI AWD with a 2Gb Eclipse body conversion, 5 speed, and 162k on the original 7 bolt engine. It has a 14B turbo, with an apexi exhaust, custom intake, koni struts, eibach springs, no-name MBC, FMIC, and some porting done to the turbo/exhaust housing. The car's been through a bit, but the body is solid, minus some damage to the driver side fender from the dreaded ball-joint recall, and a dented hood. My plans are to fix what needs to be fixed, and then daily drive it until i have enough money for a built 6-bolt swap. The car is pretty ghetto right now, with lots of electrical tape and wire splices, several bolts missing and huge subs, and god knows what else, but it's quick, and I'll enjoy nursing it back to health.

As of this post, I've re-mounted the beat up old FMIC with some much sturdier brackets, diagnosed and repaired a boost leak, removed many unnecessary wire splices for stupid lights, and fixed some brake light wiring.
Some pictures (bumper's off for now):
0722131553b.jpg

0722131553a.jpg

0722131631.jpg

0722131554.jpg

0722131554.jpg

0722131553.jpg

Last edited:
Doesn't look all that bad, how is it as far as rust goes? Most of the 2Gs I've looked at here in NY are pretty bad by now, especially the front strut towers.

Should be a fun car, at least you have the 14B, which has potential considering it's a small turbo.

:thumb:

Sorry about the delayed response haha, ive had my hands full taking care of my dad. The body isnt that rusty! Thats why i jumped on it despite the fender and a few other minor issues it has. I picked up a new hood, a hatch, and 2 fenders for it the other day. I'm going to be installing those and doing some more electrical work tomorrow. I also ordered a prothane rear control arm kit for it.

My friend owned that car. It wasnt ghetto, it just needed some TLC as a matter of fact if anyone knew how much that car went through you would understand why it is the way it is. Besides that, jordans car was the only dsm I know of that drove for three plus years with no major mechanical issue to the engine. I did the timing belt the second year he had the car it has a new master new slave and a new stainless steel clutch line that was recently installed. The last thing I did was install the 14b that came from my car so I know the turbo is healthy and installed properly that 14b was paired with an FP turbine hosing i took off my 16g to run the external gate.... the boost controller on the car is a HALLMAN FYI

The car could use a new head gasket, port the exhaust manifold, rework the intercooler piping, new radiator, power wash engine bay, redo timing belt, new clutch and master bushing kit and I guarantee it'll go ways more. My nick name for that car is the quiet storm for all the good times we had with only 12lbs of boost..:hellyeah:

I am really excited to see what kind of beast it becomes and finally see that dsm get some well deserved TLC. I tried to talk him out of selling but it didn't go that way..:ohdamn:

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back