The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G 2g pan on 1g w4a33?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn B

Probationary Member
Jun 27, 2018
Everson, Washington
Usually I can find the answer to anything I need to know, but I'm having a tough time figuring out if the pans are interchangeable. My 1g's pan is pretty beat up and I'm able to find plenty of replacment 2g units.

1G 6 bolt pans are different than 7 bolt 1G/2G pans. They are not interchangeable.

Last edited:
Sorry for the oil pan mix up. It was late & I've been running on 2 hour sleep all week. Question is a little confusing as well. I don't think Mitsubishi categories transmission as 1G & 2G. They use the transmission type over multiple years & platforms. With that said, all W4A33 transmissions are the same & there is not differentiation for 1G or 2G.

Excellent, thanks guys. I did run across a thread last night mentioning the use of the 2g pan on 1g w4a33...sounds like it may have a larger oil capacity as well. They don't share the same part number but if it fits. I would have asked John over at IPT when I had questions on a replacment valve body plate, but spaced it.

FYI...JNZ lists their seperator plate for only 93+ rigs...John tells me there shouldn't be any issues installing on pre 93 w4a33's.

It's my understanding that the 2g w4A33 pans have the same gasket / foot print, but are slightly deeper in the pan outer dimensions, thus increasing the ATF capacity slightly. By how much exactly though, I'm not sure

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back