The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Need help with cam angle sensor

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did you get an OEM sensor? Cause if you got it at some place like autozone, it may be the sensor. Autozone sells mostly cheap crap. Duralast sensor can be bad out of the box. If I had to guess, id say they have atleast a 5% fail rate on new sensors.

Did you get an OEM sensor? Cause if you got it at some place like autozone, it may be the sensor. Autozone sells mostly cheap crap. Duralast sensor can be bad out of the box. If I had to guess, id say they have atleast a 5% fail rate on new sensors.
Na it's from O'Reillys

Is this a black top/green top cas, or is it a 2G cas?
It's a 2g cas

There is an oring on the cas and an internal seal to the cas. Not sure the internal seal is replaceable.
Yeah I knew about the O ring but I wasn't sure about the other.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't think there was suppose to be any in it. I read on dsmtalk that there was suppose to be a little oil in it. I'll see if I can't stop the oil from getting in it. Have you checked yours recently to see?

You can remove the lid and if there is oil inside you found your problem.
I'll try it thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
You can also use a small screwdriver to compress the contacts in the plug cause they get loose from being taken apart and put back together

It's weird but it only does it after I unhook my battery and it does it every time. It will work after I crank the motor over a few times shut it off and repeat several times and it will finally work.

You can also use a small screwdriver to compress the contacts in the plug cause they get loose from being taken apart and put back together
I tried that but it doesn't make any difference

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back