The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G 2g Megan adjustable camber arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I recently started auto crossing my 2g and bought some knock off ingalls style front upper control arm (eBay) adjusters. They fit very poorly and during the 3rd event using them one actually broke in half over a hard transmission on the course, effectively ending the event for me. I just received the Megan arms and have some pics comparing them to the stock arms and installed. You can see where the factory arms have been rubbing and it appears that the Megan arms actually have more clearance. I am running tien street basis coilovers with approx 1.5 inch drop. Will update once I have them installed, if there is any clearance issues. There is still the issue that the ball joint and mounting bracket are slightly taller than stock arm.

Attachments

• IMG_1890.JPG
    IMG_1890.JPG
    533.6 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_1891.JPG
    IMG_1891.JPG
    513 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_1892.JPG
    IMG_1892.JPG
    291 KB · Views: 251
More pics hope these help anyone considering using these arms. Not a lot of helpful info out there

Attachments

• IMG_1893.JPG
    IMG_1893.JPG
    380.8 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_1894.JPG
    IMG_1894.JPG
    285.7 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_1895.JPG
    IMG_1895.JPG
    474.5 KB · Views: 239
Should have taken some pics on the side to side to show the difference is how kuch they raise up over the oem arms,

Yep one more event on the 13th. I can take more pics. I don't understand what you want to see-how far up the stock arms can go? I can take more tonight if that all you want to see. I think what is difficult to determine from a hanging suspension is how much actual travel is available at ride height, considering the differing ball joint/ bracket heights between the factory arm and the megan

Yep one more event on the 13th. I can take more pics. I don't understand what you want to see-how far up the stock arms can go? I can take more tonight if that all you want to see. I think what is difficult to determine from a hanging suspension is how much actual travel is available at ride height, considering the differing ball joint/ bracket heights between the factory arm and the megan
No what i ment is the stock arms have a slight rsise in them if you lay the inner most flat part on a bench, if you was to lay the megan ones on a bench and look from the side it would be good to show the final height difference between the both, so they would nee to be taken out to do this mind but it was just an idea to get pics of them to show how much the megans sit higher then the oem ones, i hope i explained it a little better LOL

I think this is what your looking for?
Sorry ive only just seen this, thats it, now as in the picture with the 2 bodys in the pic side my side, imagine the rear or its actually the inner pickup mounting locations, press the megan flat on the surface and then get the oem flat on the surface aswell, you will see the megan in its natural position sitting high compared to the oem one, now thats not a massive issue as such but it does alter the swing radius a bit. my assumtion on why they have done such a thing is because the BJ sits alot higher then oem does.

When you bolt a nrw oem unit up it sits bolted pointing up a small amount the exact amount i have an will link a picture in for refference, thats pre sprung for the stock bush,

Now imagine you preset that same amount of angle on the megans its naturally going to sit higher and thats where the hitting issue comes in, if you pre set it too long you kill your inner bush and too high and it hits the inner section of the tower a bit more,

I hope ive not confused this at all LOL. and ive also come across clear as its sometimes hard to say exactly what the minds thinking or seen etc.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Yea I know what you mean, the angle is different. I went to the last auto x event of the season yesterday and the car performed pretty bad and spun several times resulting in the safety guy telling me I was done after 3 runs. I blame it mostly on my worn conti dw tires and low temps. I also didn't add enough negative camber in the front, but there is still plenty of adjustment. The good news is I didn't have any clearance issues and the ball joints didn't slip at all. Time for some r-compound tires and more negative front camber next year. Hope this helps anyone worried about running these arms. I would recommend them at this point for autox and any car that isn't dropped much more than 1.5 inches.

Which region did you run yesterday that they kicked you out for spinning? SCCA SJR? Maybe you should have tried to drive it a bit safer? LOL

Glad to see the arms worked fine, although regular street tires and spinning out probably didn't stress them out too much.

Yep sjr, they don't like it when you go in the grass. Apparently someone has rolled over before so now if it happens twice in one event they stop your car. There was a lot of guys spinning and going in the grass cuz of low temps. Seems a little dramatic to stop someone from racing, but oh well. Haven't seen you out before what region do you participate?

That makes sense. I run with NNJR. I didnt make it down by you guys this year. Next year for sure as I'd love to try out your venue.
Yeah you should come down next year. It's a pretty cool venue at an old air strip at bader field. They usually have pretty long road coarse style coarses averaging 70 seconds

Bader Field is very similar to Devens in size and runway width, much more abrasive surface (probably more an issue with hoosiers than street tires).
Worth the drive down, stop at the slots to win gas money to get back home :)

Update*****
Not sure if there is still interest in this thread but figured I would update anyway. Went to the first SJR autocross event of the year this past Sunday with a new set of toyo proxe r888r tires and 3degrees of negative front camber with the Megan front upper arms. It wasn't quite hot enough that day to get full tire temps, but still had a blast and car handled very nice. No signs of front camber arm adjustment slipping and didn't notice any interference with shock towers either. Would definitely recommend these arms for those looking for a solution to front camber adjustment. Also a lot easier to dial in the adjustment without removing the wheel on the alignment rack

There are TWO Eclipse owners in the UK? bullshiiiiiiiiiit ;)
Here ment on the forum LOL and there is about 16 now, possibly more just dont know them personally

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back